Noobs - all must read the first post and make an entry in this thread V2 - Page 117

1. Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum – General discussion forum for Volkswagen Passat

Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum - a website dedicated to all things Volkswagen Passat.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum today!

Like Tree149Likes

Thread: Noobs - all must read the first post and make an entry in this thread V2

Neutral
    Thanks for the info

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Neutral
    Hello! I have come to try to find solutions for some issues I'm having with my '02 V6 4motion wagon.

Neutral
    ok I have read everything. Now let me post!

5. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Neutral
    Thanks for info.

Neutral
    Good clear info.

Neutral
    Hi all. I have read and understood Urlik's OP. Thanks.

Neutral
    I am looking for an upgrade to the sears (front) in my 2004 Passat wagon. Any suggestions

Neutral
    Got that

Neutral
    My name is Mark and I have an on going issue with my 2005 Passat v-6 2.8 5 valve.

Neutral
    Howdy all.

I am not a mechanic in any way, but I am pretty inclined and do like to do my own things (I am not a carpenter or a roofer but built a new deck (600sf) and stairs with a double fall line roof two years ago (first carpentry project), built a nice awning over my front door so I wouldn't ever have to replace my door saddle, replaced 10 square of roof down to rafters, r-50 polyiso insulation installed as well, with new architectural shingle.

I have nissan titan that I plan on doing the entire exhaust from the headers back in the next two weeks. just did my plugs and coils last weekend. still need to remove 3 snapped bolts and replace them.

but the reason I am here is that my special lady friend has a 2002 b5.5 4motion glx wagon with the 2.8l V6 30v ATQ motor.
    her friend who is supposedly a mechanic said to toss it because its not worth fixing. it sat for the better part of the last 5-6 months.

It was also driven for at least a year in the following horrible condition:
    leaking gaskets (everywhere)
    ECT issues
    broken vacuum hoses, shot purge valve, etc etc
    the codes I was able to read with my little reader before I attempted anything:

So I checked the coil pack with my multimeter, it was all good.
    went to check the spark plugs, all six soaked in oil.
    replaced plugs, spark plug wires (cleaned the originals, but grabbed a bunch from the local junk yard)
    replaced the valve cover gaskets (blauparts kit)
    replaced purge valve
    replaced o2 sensor
    replaced camshaft position sensor
    replaced ECT sensor.
    fixed broken vacuum hoses, including the two we broke while doing the ECT and camshaft position sensors.
    replaced some broken covers and what not too from the scrap yard.

all those codes cleared and haven't come back.
    New code that did pop up is 0150 - but I am going to swap the bank one and two sensors (at the connection) and see if comes up on the other side or not and that should tell me if its a ground short or other wiring issue - which is very possible as some rodents did move into the vehicle this winter (chewed up foil found inside by passenger seat, droppings in engine compartment, hood liner destroyed).

it still is having some slight starting issues, but has been better. I want to do a coolant flush as well as clean the ECT sampling area, as well as check to see if there is a connection issue as one of the terminals showed oxidation.

Oh i tested the old ECT with my multi-meter and it was way off (50c and 15c temps for resistance), and the two outputs didn't even match.

additionally I will be doing a heater core flush with CLR and see if we can get her warm again.

Between this site and a few videos out there....I am sure i'll be able to get this thing in fighting shape for less than 400, and a couple weekends of my time. it would be way way faster if I had a better space other than a car port to work in while its around 0F outside.
    Because of time and it being -12321313 degrees in VT the last two weekends, I did not tackle any gaskets other than the valve cover gaskets.

Neutral
    That was long winded. sorry.

Neutral
    Hello everybody. New to VW's after years of other brands and platforms. I decided to purchase a 2000 Passat wagon. High mileage and needs some work, but man that thing can move. For years all I drove were manual transmissions, then one day I just switched to autos. This Passat has a stick and I now remember the joy of shifting.

I know squat about VWs and had a crash course on the brake system to get the parking brakes to work again; I really like the simplistic rear dual-duty caliper setup.

I will be poking around. Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Neutral
    Thanks Urlik! Your post is helpful. I've already have used the Google search several times before reading your post.

Neutral
    Navigating this site is gonna be an experience in itself. Noob here.... post one..... I think

Neutral
    Sweet it worked....... I might actually look like I know what I’m doing.

Neutral
    Almost forgot ... I read it. I have a B7 2012 3.6 SE and look forward to what I will learn from y’all.

Neutral
    Have read all the above, hopefully the search option will prove fruitful. Thanks

Neutral
    Welcome fellow 'noob' @TIGERMAN01

Neutral
    Read topics before, lets start commenting.

Neutral
    Got it. Thanks

Neutral
    I've got an 01 wagon that I'm sure I'll need future help with. I'm sure I'll find a lot of the answers already posted here. Thanks again

Neutral
    Read it, comprehended it, Google searching now!

Neutral
    Forum power

Neutral

Have read

I have read this message and understand it.
    Thanks

Neutral
    ok I have read this.

Neutral
    thanks...Love my 98 Passat wagon but I'm chasing a solution to intermittent ABS and break lights going on and off...after a 1200 wheel sensor change...same problem. Checking wiring ...no solution. Now what...

Is it dangerous to ignore lights?

Neutral
    Read!

Neutral
    I've read the post. Quick question: I've try posting at 9:20 PM on 3/19/2019 and the site was extremely slow, regular maintenance?, works better with a particular browser?, works better after I post this message? Thanks.

Neutral
    Great site, looking forward to posting and getting feedback about an awesome ride!

Neutral
    Got it !

33. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where do you live?

Year of model

car model

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Thread Information