Almost zero radio reception, help!

1. Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum – General discussion forum for Volkswagen Passat

Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum - a website dedicated to all things Volkswagen Passat.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum today!

1st Gear

Almost zero radio reception, help!

Greetings,

About a month ago my radio reception began to fail. Now I get NO am reception (I listen to a lot of news programs) and fm is wildly sporadic. Nothing is leaking, nothing got hit, I haven't gone into the dash for anything, WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CB

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator JayTheSnork's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    https://www.passatworld.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=126184 probably contains your solution. Your antenna base pre-amplifier is probably dead. enfig.com is the source for a replacement. I replaced mine, and its lasted approximately 5 years or so - go by the date of my post in the thread above.

1st Gear
    I thank you for the info, but that set up is no longer available. Is there anything else that will work?

5. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Blog Entries
    you want the top item on this page:
    http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s.../antennas.html

1st Gear
    Cool deal bro, thanx for the input & have a great 4th. "May the wings of liberty never loose a feather." Jack Burton

Blog Entries
    just remember to power it. you'll have to drop the headliner, remove the old base, put the new one in, run the wiring to the back of the head unit, give it switched power, and connect the bnc to the back of the radio. all in all, about an hour job. make sure you have the keys to pull the stock head unit - I think you can order those from enfig.com as well.

cheers!

9. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where do you live?

Year of model

car model

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Thread Information