No events since 2016?

1. Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum – General discussion forum for Volkswagen Passat

Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum - a website dedicated to all things Volkswagen Passat.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Tom Parish
  • 2 Post By 00pissant

Thread: No events since 2016?

Lefties have rights, too!

No events since 2016?

Wow I thought these would be some GTGs since 2016. I guess people are going to non-PW events.
    PassatPat likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

1st Gear
    I wish there were Passat-specific events, but I've really never seen any here except for maybe 4 people that did a Tail Of The Dragon run a couple of years back. I would imagine most of us have to settle for all-VW shows, which is what I do. I even limit those to primarily air-cooled clubs that put shows on because I have nothing in common with those who go to the big water-cooled events. I'm a good 35 years older and keep my Passats totally factory stock. A plain, ordinary 2014 B7 Passat is of little interest to 25-year-old tuners with their slammed, bagged, stanced GTIs, Golf Rs, and Audis, so even though I'm a water-cooled guy, I hang with the older guys. I figure someday, our Passats will be just as vintage as the old Bugs, Buses, and Ghias are today. I'm already beginning to see a few B5s in VW shows..........and that's a start.

RAH
    Quote Originally Posted by PassatPat View Post
    I wish there were Passat-specific events, but I've really never seen any here except for maybe 4 people that did a Tail Of The Dragon run a couple of years back. I would imagine most of us have to settle for all-VW shows, which is what I do. I even limit those to primarily air-cooled clubs that put shows on because I have nothing in common with those who go to the big water-cooled events. I'm a good 35 years older and keep my Passats totally factory stock. A plain, ordinary 2014 B7 Passat is of little interest to 25-year-old tuners with their slammed, bagged, stanced GTIs, Golf Rs, and Audis, so even though I'm a water-cooled guy, I hang with the older guys. I figure someday, our Passats will be just as vintage as the old Bugs, Buses, and Ghias are today. I'm already beginning to see a few B5s in VW shows..........and that's a start.
    I feel the same way. I have settled for all VW shows which i like by the way, but the all Passat GTG are long gone. The best we ever had was in 2005 when we organized a Mount St Helens cruise here in the Pacific Northwest and got 16 Passats to show up for that day, all B5 and B5.5, that was pretty amazing. We did another one to Vancouver BC the next year and the numbers were way down with 9 cars. I have a few cars, and yes including an Audi, as well as a 63 ragtop, so i just go to the appropriate shows with the appropriate car and my son that also caught the VW bug since he was 3 years old does it with me in his own cars!

5. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PassatPat View Post
    We've been doing the tail of the dragon for about 5 years now at least. Every Columbus day weekend. A little more than 4 people most times. 2015 was a fluke. Like 10-13 people at least in 2016-2017-2018. It's a great time. I'll make sure Keith gets the word out this time to PW. It's been mostly moved to the Facebook pages for recruitment.

It's be good to see more Passats next time. We had a B7 and a B5.5 wagon with 2.7T swap this time. I took my wagon in 2016, then my CC in 2017 (disappointed with the handling) and then it's replacement A4 this year. This time was by far the best. The handling of the S4 but with a 2.0T.

One thing to stress with the TOTD events is that it is all about driving. Yes, some of us have stepped it up in the OEM+ to slightly aftermarket department and like to have a nice looking setup, but we prep for hard driving and great handling.
    Last edited by VAGguy; 11-21-2018 at 03:56 AM.
    Glutton for Punishment: 16 A4 S-line Sport pkg Prem+, 04 Passat 1.8T GLS Variant Manual swapped, 2017 Q5 Prem+

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Parish View Post
    Wow I thought these would be some GTGs since 2016. I guess people are going to non-PW events.
    This place just isn't what it used to be. Lots of new blood and less personal contact. I may start mine up again next year. A lot of the core group of members that attended have moved on and have their own lives, but many of us still keep in touch almost daily.
    Glutton for Punishment: 16 A4 S-line Sport pkg Prem+, 04 Passat 1.8T GLS Variant Manual swapped, 2017 Q5 Prem+

Neutral
    I agree no more Gtg or anything up my way it’s crazy. It doesn’t even need to be Passat any vag would be awesome. Lol I guess I’m just old school . Cheers
    VAGguy and RAH like this.

9. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where do you live?

Year of model

car model

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Thread Information