Continental PureContact

1. Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum – General discussion forum for Volkswagen Passat

Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum - a website dedicated to all things Volkswagen Passat.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dihedral

Thread: Continental PureContact

Neutral

Continental PureContact

Purchased a set of these from my local Discount Tire, excellent service and fast install. I was the first in my area to order a set of these tires.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Neutral
    We appreciate your support, darrelld! Let us know what you think of the tires after you log some miles.

Neutral
    I too picked up a set early in December. They perform surprisingly well in the snow. I was quite pleased. Not a snow tire of course, but better than any all-season tire I've owned. Compared to my previous Michelin Exaltos (which were also fine tires), the Pures have noticeably lower rolling resistance. I could feel the difference immediately -- like driving with a tailwind! (I checked that the tire pressure on the new tires was the same as the old tires, to give a fair comparison.) I won't bother to take accurate fuel readings until the warmer weather, though. (The winter cold kills gas mileage, regardless of tire.) While my local Discount tire did a fine job with the installation, I had to nag them periodically to see if they could find my tire size. I guess they didn't make much profit on the small Passat tire and weren't that motivated to look. (I got the Black Friday discount.) But it was worth it. They provide a softer ride than the Exalto's, but maybe a tad more road noise, though nothing objectionable. In short, I'd recommend them.

5. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Neutral
    SandCastle, thank you for your business and your comments.

Neutral
    Thanks for the review SandCastle, I've been looking at buying a set of these, hoping to go to my local Discount Tire & be able to order up a set.
    Discount Tire likes this.

Neutral
    Just got home with my new Continental Pure Contact 205/55/16 91V tires on my 'new', (new to me), VW Vancouver 16x7 rims. Nice service at Discount tire. I'll try to remember to update on how I like them after I get some miles on them, (20 mi. doesn't count).

Neutral
    Excellent! Thank you for your business dihedral. We look forward to your updates!

I have to say that Discount Tire is far and away THE best tire store I have dealt with, and I've bought a lot of tires. I have bought 3 sets of tires from them so far and plan on doing all my tire business through them. Try them you'll like them. No I am not getting paid or compensated in any way for my comment. Just trying to give forum members a heads up on a good place to do business, no matter what kind of vehicle you are putting tires on.

Neutral
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy.mac View Post
    I have to say that Discount Tire is far and away THE best tire store I have dealt with, and I've bought a lot of tires. I have bought 3 sets of tires from them so far and plan on doing all my tire business through them. Try them you'll like them. No I am not getting paid or compensated in any way for my comment. Just trying to give forum members a heads up on a good place to do business, no matter what kind of vehicle you are putting tires on.
    Thank you for the comments Tommy. That is very nice of you. We appreciate your business and look forward to helping you again.

5th Gear
    We've been using Discount Tire for years. Four sets of tires and about to get the third set of wheels. I got a set of Drag 19s for my Sonata during the President's Day weekend sale - $100 rebate for the set of wheels and $60 rebate for using the Discount Tire credit card. They packaged up my OE wheels for shipping. My other half now has a 2016 Kia Forte5. We had a 2012 Forte that was running Drag 19s in silver. Now it's "I miss my old wheels" lol so they have been ordered for the new Forte5. Hopefully arriving in the next day or two. Kari at the location on Harwood Rd in Bedford, Texas is always great. I've followed her from location to location and always recommend her to friends and neighbors. As someone who spent 30 years in the auto repair industry, I recognize talent. I managed 4 Goodyear locations, and was a service advisor for VW, Audi, Land Rover and Mercedes. If I were still in the business, I'd have her as a manager somewhere.

13. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where do you live?

Year of model

car model

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Thread Information