O1V Trans. Valve number assignments

1. Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum – General discussion forum for Volkswagen Passat

Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum - a website dedicated to all things Volkswagen Passat.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FrescoGreen01.5

Thread: O1V Trans. Valve number assignments

3rd Gear

O1V Trans. Valve number assignments

Trying to address "crazy" situation that is occuring once in a "scary" blue moon (about once per 500 miles).....NO codes generated.......2001.5 1.8T Wagon,189k, every once in awhile cruising about 75-80 (torque converter is locked) car "jolts" like it hit black ice, all I can assume is that the issue is tcc lock solenoid is loosing power for a millesecond ,I mean it is that quick and then O.K. ,could be that there is a marginal/bad connection and the jolt literally reconnects it.....".checked TCM , no water issues and splices seem good as far as I could tell and locate (lotta wiring going on in there) ,also re-did/cleaned grounds,before I throw a lot of money at it, I would like to definatively figure out what is going on. Tranny performs flawlessly other than that. I have a donor car which I am going to pull ; trans. selector switch embodiment and also pull the tranny valve body and cables....... tranny was good (ended up with water ingress) but internals should be fine. Before I drain & drop the "patients" pan I want to have a plan to replace tcc valve but do not know it's location and or numerical assignment or others for that matter, also once cable from TCM to trans. is disconnected going to megger it to check insulation failure......this way do not waste 100 bills in tranny fluid.. this car is a CHAMP and all problem areas brought tomdiscussion on the forum have been addressed by repair or replacement ,i.e.; pcv system ,CCT ,coolant housing,TB, VC ,etc. Thanks in advance Passsssssssat Awaaay!!! ,Chief
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

3rd Gear
    the "PATIENT"0825171058.jpg

3rd Gear
    Be still my heart, a Fresco Green wagon!
    VAGguy likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

3rd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by FrescoGreen01.5 View Post
    Be still my heart, a Fresco Green wagon!
    I know I had a huge "AHA" moment when I saw that "Fresco Green" was a paint color and the realization of your screen moniker ! color has grown on me. Was driving back fro Fla. and somewhere in S. Carolina merged on to interstate right next to an identical wagon, we bothnhad a good laugh, also was 1.8 B5.5

Neutral
    Quote Originally Posted by cchief22 View Post
    Trying to address "crazy" situation that is occuring once in a "scary" blue moon (about once per 500 miles).....NO codes generated.......2001.5 1.8T Wagon,189k, every once in awhile cruising about 75-80 (torque converter is locked) car "jolts" like it hit black ice, all I can assume is that the issue is tcc lock solenoid is loosing power for a millesecond ,I mean it is that quick and then O.K. ,could be that there is a marginal/bad connection and the jolt literally reconnects it.....".checked TCM , no water issues and splices seem good as far as I could tell and locate (lotta wiring going on in there) ,also re-did/cleaned grounds,before I throw a lot of money at it, I would like to definatively figure out what is going on. Tranny performs flawlessly other than that. I have a donor car which I am going to pull ; trans. selector switch embodiment and also pull the tranny valve body and cables....... tranny was good (ended up with water ingress) but internals should be fine. Before I drain & drop the "patients" pan I want to have a plan to replace tcc valve but do not know it's location and or numerical assignment or others for that matter, also once cable from TCM to trans. is disconnected going to megger it to check insulation failure......this way do not waste 100 bills in tranny fluid.. this car is a CHAMP and all problem areas brought tomdiscussion on the forum have been addressed by repair or replacement ,i.e.; pcv system ,CCT ,coolant housing,TB, VC ,etc. Thanks in advance Passsssssssat Awaaay!!! ,Chief
    Do you have VCDS so you can monitor what is happening inside of the transmission while the Passat is being driven?
    That is how I found out about my bad TC not locking up and replaced it years ago. I examined my original TC and I think the lockup seal was old, worn and sloppy.
    This year I changed out the valve body after experiencing some jerking while cruising at around 25-30 MPH. I assumed that the transmission was experiencing pressure spikes and kept shifting up & down. I was going to install that repair kit for the VB pressure spike problems but I installed a junkyard VB with a new filter & fluid instead. It is much better now and only has 194K miles on it.
    I installed some less expensive red FUCHS AT fluid (about $6 per liter) and I am not experiencing any issues with shifting. Mine took about 6+ liters after the VB install.
    Have you checked the AT fluid level lately? Or changed it with the filter?

3rd Gear
    thanks for reply.... yes have monitored when running back and forth to work (1 hr. each way),but driving my other Passat now, no issues only has happened once when monitoring, and no codes, happens about once every 500 miles, 75-80 mph level and smooth pavement, seems like if road generates vibration no problems ,the feeling of hitting black ice,so quick but quite a "jolt" ,scary jolt may I say.... almost like tranny is locking up ....... as to fluid changes , 191k on car now, 135k fluid and filter, 187k fluid and filter, correct procedure/protocol ,absolutely no issues other than that, only solenoid on I believe in TC lockup is N94 (have found out assignments), almost feels as if others are spiking on. So random I assume/leaning toward electrical and can throw a lot of cash at tranny parts so gonna try and be like Spock and use logic, thanks again, Chief

9. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where do you live?

Year of model

car model

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in