I know many moved to newer models, but maybe someone had the same issue and can put me on the right path....
2000 Passat wagon won't crank after replacing the outside mirror switch (the old one would work some of the times). So seconds after replacing the mirror switch the car wouldn't start and the windows will not operate either (interior lights work, dashboard light work, radio works, lock & unlock work) .... which leads me to believe it might be the CCM module or possible bad wire some where ?
- tried another battery (getting over 12.4V)
- tested the starter with the jumper cable from battery and it cranks
- fuse #14 is ok (all of them are ok)
- looked at wires and splits in the door and under the floor mat leading to CCM module - everything looks good
- tested the voltage at the ccm connector (looked at an youtube video which had a bad power wire going to CCM module) and I am getting 12v, 8v, and 5v on different wires if I remember right.
I haven't tested the starter relays or ignition switch, however since the windows also stopped working, I tend to believe it might be the CCM module or bad wire...
so is there a way to test the CCM module to confirm it is bad before I spend $ to replace it? (I opened up the box and everything looks good inside, no water signs anywhere)
I will scan the car with a better scanner sometime this week to see if there is communication with the module.
Thank you in advance.