Cant get my rims off

1. Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum – General discussion forum for Volkswagen Passat

Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum - a website dedicated to all things Volkswagen Passat.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum today!

Neutral

Cant get my rims off

Man i have had problems with my car but never one this stupid before. I have a set of some old (not really sure how old but old enough)TSW rims I think it maybe the avus r's and their is a center piece cap on it with a big nut. You have to take the center piece off to get to the lug nuts.

When i bought the car the owner gave me the tool that came with them for taking the center piece off it is a 6 point plastic tool.

The front ones will come off cause they been taken off a bunch of times but the 2 back ones will just not come off.

And no matter how hard you try you cant get these things off. Has anyone ever had this with their rims and did you get some sort of tool or some grease or anything else you may have used to get them off.

Any help would be great
    thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

PassatWorld Staff
    Wheel & Tire forum will probably get you a quicker answer. You want me to go ahead and move it, or leave it here for a bit?

Neutral
    yeah

5. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

3rd Gear
    so the cap is stuck or the wheel?

5th Gear
    have you tried prying it slightly and maybe some wd40 in the cracks to loosen it up. Usually theres supposed to be a key for the cap so people cant steal you rims. You sure he didnt leave you a key?

6th Gear
    I think he means those TSW screw on centercaps. Buy a pipe wrench.

Grinding Gears...gone fishing! ScottPassat2.8's Avatar
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ thats great

10. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where do you live?

Year of model

car model

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Thread Information