Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Problem sourcing boost guage parts

1K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  mghunt 
#1 ·
well i'm having a problem sourcing parts for my boost guage.
i'm following this diy but that parts i need are not avalible in my local home depot or lowes. Does anybody know where i can get the parts i need online??
I could find the 1/8th inch hose at an auto parts store np
the 1/8” Rubber hose adapter to connect tube to boost gauge is being a problem as is the Vacuum T fitting 3/16”- 3/16”- 1/8”. I can find a T with an 1/8 coming off but finding a T with 2 3/16" is hard.

Thanks for looking, Michael

#2 ·
Did you buy a Boost Gauge at all or not? Most Boost Gauges online offer a free installtion kit with the gauge and the kit contains everything needed to install the gauge. Then you would have to buy something like an A-Pillar POD to install the gauge into so that it won't be on the floor or someting.

#3 ·
#20 ·
I see all the 1/8th inch hose, but my gauge (purchased used) hase 1/16th inch hose. Trying to switch to 1/8th is a nightmare; the compression fitting wont tighten because the sleeve doesn't allow the threads on the nut to meet the threads on the gauge. Now I'm just tryint to source 1/16th inch hose, but I cannot find any store that carries it. Any suggestions?

#22 ·
Don't screw with the compression fittings.

I just got a fitting that matched the threads on the back of the gauge and used the 1.8" silicone line to got from the guage to the t-fitting that taps into the DV (not FPR) line.

I bought my 1/8" hose from NAPA. (Listen to Rusty). The plastic/nylon t-fittings can be purchased at any auto parts place (NAPA). :D

So you need the following...
1) guage
2) 1/8" ID silicone hose
3) fitting for back of gauge that the 1/8" ID silicone hose can fit on.
4) T-fitting for DV "vacuum" hose.
5) gauge pod

-Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.