HKB5variant- Hong Kong - Page 2

1. Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum – General discussion forum for Volkswagen Passat

Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum - a website dedicated to all things Volkswagen Passat.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum today!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    3rd Gear

Re: Terence Poon - Hong Kong (HKB5variant)

I remember back two weeks ago when I asked you about the projector headlamps, you said they're from "Shanghai VW" ("Seung Hoi Dai Jung"). Just wondering how much they actually costed you; the price those projector headlamps I find on this side of the Pacific Ocean seem a bit steep to me. The headlamps are huge but I don't mind carrying them over myself if its reasonably priced compare to here.

These few days I've just installed the crystal clear side markers with white bulbs. But obviously the car looks a bit weird with the amber markers in front but white markers on the side for now. (Man should be stuying right now, shouldn't even spend time modding the car until I finish the finals. Hahah...) Takes progress for one thing to be done at each time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

1st Gear

Re: Terence Poon - Hong Kong (HKPassat)

Hi HKPassat,
    Why don't you replace them to Xenon lamp? I think Xenon are so smart when they on you car!

3rd Gear

Re: Terence Poon - Hong Kong (kkau)

I thought about getting the Hella HID headlamps... well still considering... don't know what's the conclusion yet...

5. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

3rd Gear

Just got my car done for the WE campaign recall today. They replaced the secondary air vacuum line, part # 078-145-718-AE VAC LINE. Of course that costed me nothing since it's a recall. The car does feel picking up a bit faster too when accelerating after I brought it in today.

Found out that the secondary vacuum line that had to be replaced had some duct tape on it, so it probably had "become brittle and crack" and the previous owner or his/her mechanic couldn't care less and just duct taped for the time being. So I guess VWoA is not wrong, that thing does do what the "What Is The Problem?" describes.

And thank god I did bother bringing the car in to the dealer before the holiday. Never knows what'll happen after I leave that car rotting here for the whole month during the holiday. Did they have a similar recall for B5s in HK?

<![CDATA[Just got my car done for the WE campaign recall today. They replaced the secondary air vacuum line, part # 078-145-718-AE VAC LINE. Of course that costed me nothing since it's a recall. The car does feel picking up a bit faster too when accelerating after I brought it in today.

Found out that the secondary vacuum line that had to be replaced had some duct tape on it, so it probably had "become brittle and crack" and the previous owner or his/her mechanic couldn't care less and just duct taped for the time being. So I guess VWoA is not wrong, that thing does do what the "What Is The Problem?" describes.

And thank god I did bother bringing the car in to the dealer before the holiday. Never knows what'll happen after I leave that car rotting here for the whole month during the holiday. Did they have a similar recall for B5s in HK?

[Modified by HKPassat, 9:48 PM 12/17/2002]

3rd Gear

I heard that the regional VW parts center in china was instructed not to sell out of the maintenance & service center. It's hard to buy parts from China.

3rd Gear

how many days would it be left over?

I see Clubb5 stickers are available. I believe all HK passaters want it. Would you help buying us some?

3rd Gear

Yeah I just checked today too and they started having them again; guess they restocked those along with the new calendars. But its already wednesday today and I'm leaving on Friday early morning (like real early, 5am). Don't think they'll make it to me in time.

I do have something for you guys, which is the VWvortex stickers I mentioned earlier. Hope you guys don't mind those for now. Those just got to me today even I ordered them last week.

<![CDATA[Yeah I just checked today too and they started having them again; guess they restocked those along with the new calendars. But its already wednesday today and I'm leaving on Friday early morning (like real early, 5am). Don't think they'll make it to me in time.

I do have something for you guys, which is the VWvortex stickers I mentioned earlier. Hope you guys don't mind those for now. Those just got to me today even I ordered them last week.

[Modified by HKPassat, 2:26 AM 12/18/2002]

3rd Gear

we're proposing to meet on 27Dec Friday night.

1st Gear

I think the spec. of VW parts from China are difference from Euro. or N/America. For example the body length of China's A6s are little longer than the standard A6s from Euro.

1st Gear

If anybody are using the K&N filter, please take care the steps of cleaning and reoil. Because too much filter oil can be affect the air flow sensor, and it can causing the malfunction or damage the air flow sensor , so, don't put too much filter oil on the filter when you reoil them! And the step for cleaning and reoil will post by me later!

KK

3rd Gear

Yeah... bumpers of cars here in North America tend to be longer... you can tell that the bumpers of A6s and A4s here are significantly longer than the Euro ones... the HK ones haf shorter bumpers too i think... hence that difference in length of the different versions...

3rd Gear

Sounds like a possibility to me. I'll give you a call as soon as I get back to HK to confirm that. Expect a call from me probably on Sunday or Monday? Cheers to all HK ClubB5 members.

1st Gear

It may be a little bit longer,I think! And the chassis of China A6s are longer than America or Euro. version.

<![CDATA[It may be a little bit longer,I think! And the chassis of China A6s are longer than America or Euro. version.

[Modified by kkau, 1:23 AM 12/19/2002]

3rd Gear

This machine is amazing. I was really fascinated by it. Time for me to get going on getting mine look different now.

Wal
    2nd Gear

Terrence, lovey car. Keep it on the road

3rd Gear

Re: Terence Poon - Hong Kong (Wal)

Thanks Wal.

1st Gear

Hi Terence,
    I would like to chip my car, and how about your Wetterauer chip? Is it good? How much and when did you get it? Many Thanks!

KK

3rd Gear

I like it very much. It's done at 13000km and now 19000km. HK$6000 only
    I'm not sure whether they have program for your new 164Bhp model

1st Gear

Thanks Terence, and was the chip installed from ART Sport at Kowloon City?

1st Gear

hello!
    A poon!!!

I miss you so much!!!

Wal
    2nd Gear

zender look dead pedal

Terrance, you must post instruction on doing the zender look dead pedal, i have the zender pedals also and would love to know how to make a dead pedal like yours, pleeeeaaaseeeeee.

3rd Gear

Re: zender look dead pedal

Quote Originally Posted by Wal
    Terrance, you must post instruction on doing the zender look dead pedal, i have the zender pedals also and would love to know how to make a dead pedal like yours, pleeeeaaaseeeeee.
    posted. didn't you see it?

Wal
    2nd Gear
    no I didn't see it, where did you post?, send me the url

3rd Gear
    I'm going back to HK next week. Maybe see you guys when I'm in town.

3rd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by HKPassat
    I'm going back to HK next week. Maybe see you guys when I'm in town.
    Are you a SARS fighter man? Nice to be able to see you again brave man.

3rd Gear
    I actually wasn't planning to go back to HK earlier on, but I'm going back to HK now only because I have an job interview pending. If I don't get the job I will return to US for an alternate job.

Should get together when I'm in HK. Shane's going back too.

Neutral

Where can I get a set of those side mirror blinkers?

I live in NYC, where can I get a set for a 2002 passat

3rd Gear

Re: Where can I get a set of those side mirror blinkers?

Quote Originally Posted by mavroking
    I live in NYC, where can I get a set for a 2002 passat
    you've got my PM.

Neutral
    Hi Terence

Nice ride you've got! Congrats!

I saw that you're thinking about GIAC chips whule using the Wett now. What are you looking for that the GIAC can offer that the Wett can't?

I am surprised that you haven't changed the shocks with the H&R springs. Are you more inclined to Koni or Bilstein?

3rd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboSportB5
    Hi Terence

Nice ride you've got! Congrats!

I saw that you're thinking about GIAC chips whule using the Wett now. What are you looking for that the GIAC can offer that the Wett can't?

I am surprised that you haven't changed the shocks with the H&R springs. Are you more inclined to Koni or Bilstein?
    Thanks,
    No, I'm only thinking about the TIP chip from GIAC.
    I'm more inclined to Koni as I heard too many short life examples of Bilstein.

33. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where do you live?

Year of model

car model

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Thread Information