New (to me) B5 - Hong Kong

1. Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum – General discussion forum for Volkswagen Passat

Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum - a website dedicated to all things Volkswagen Passat.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum today!

Neutral

New (to me) B5 - Hong Kong

Hi all. I've just purchased a '99 1.8t here in Hong Kong. Got it for a daily driver (pretty cheap)....to work, etc. The engine is a bit leaky...nothing major. I've taken it to a mechanic and he told me there is a small leak coming from the back of the engine. This morning I checked the oil level and it was well below normal. It does leak a bit - maybe a 3 inch circle but not a pool - on the carpark floor. Does anyone know a good shop that works on Passats? I'm at 85k km and it's about time for the timing belt to be changed too. Also is Shell Helix Ultra 15w 50 a good oil to use here in HK? I went to a shop in MK and they told me $380 for 4 quarts + 100 for labor and 90 for filter. Is that good? I'm a gwei-lo so I don't know what they charge here for oil changes. Anyway I'd like to know for reference next time cuz I'm getting it changed tomorrow...and $600...well nevermind. Also, I'd like to mod it a bit to make it look prettier. Coilovers, new wheels, brake kit...that's all to start. Where can I geta good price on these and how much are these things in HK? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Andre

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

5th Gear
    you can bring it to Challenger in Kwun Tong. Although they have a set price for service you can usually negociate the price a bit.
    Gwei Lo LOL!!!! so I guess you must be getting all the Hongkie chicks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where do you live?

Year of model

car model

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Thread Information