Oh Hail.

1. Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum – General discussion forum for Volkswagen Passat

Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum - a website dedicated to all things Volkswagen Passat.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PZ

Thread: Oh Hail.

PZ
    Redline

Oh Hail.

$2250 in damage to the Golf from last Saturday's hail storm. The good thing is that the Golf still had full coverage, we planned on dropping to basic after the Tiguan arrives. The Passat was in the garage awaiting repairs (as usual). Roofer is coming out Monday to check the roof as I am sure there is damage. Hail was reported to be quarter sized, but it sounded worse when it hit at 5am. With the sound and with the amount of damage, it was probably closer to golf ball sized. We will be keeping the car and payout, but not repairing it. It's 27 hits that are hard to see unless you look across the roof/hood at the correct angle. I feel much better about giving it to one of the kids as that was just under 50% of it's value.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Moderator Extraordinaire
    I got lucky, no hail for me. Then again half my roof was totaled years ago.
    Original Club B5 member: 16 Golf R. Missing my 99 B5 & 08 R32

PZ
    Redline
    I think we are the only area that had any damage. Most of the area only had dime sized hail. Luckily, my wife can not see the roof of the car without climbing on the door sill and hood does not look too bad.

5. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PZ View Post
    $2250 in damage to the Golf from last Saturday's hail storm. The good thing is that the Golf still had full coverage, we planned on dropping to basic after the Tiguan arrives. The Passat was in the garage awaiting repairs (as usual). Roofer is coming out Monday to check the roof as I am sure there is damage. Hail was reported to be quarter sized, but it sounded worse when it hit at 5am. With the sound and with the amount of damage, it was probably closer to golf ball sized. We will be keeping the car and payout, but not repairing it. It's 27 hits that are hard to see unless you look across the roof/hood at the correct angle. I feel much better about giving it to one of the kids as that was just under 50% of it's value.
    Pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PZ
    Redline
    Maybe once it's clean. With the dirt of the last storm, it's hard to see. That and I usually take terrible pics. I also need to re-host all of the pics I dumped when PB decided to get greedy.
    axenstar likes this.

8. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where do you live?

Year of model

car model

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Thread Information