Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

V6 Passat!

Tags
passat
2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  uksparky 
#1 ·
My wife and I bought a 2015 Passat TDI brand new in September of 2015. A few days later, the news came out about the diesel scandal. I wasn't mad about it or anything. We loved the car and still do. It's by far the nicest car we've ever had. I figured I'd just keep it despite all of the diesel scandal stuff. But the buy back was too good of a deal to pass up. So, we did a LOT of car shopping. I looked at every comparable car out there. None of them looked as good as the Passat IMO. The only one I really liked the looks of was the Ford Fusion. Still, it just didn't do it for us. So, we decided to get another Passat when we sold our TDI back. A couple of months ago, I was at the dealer test driving a TSI Passat. I liked it a lot. Nice and quiet just like my TDI and the power was good. Then I saw a V6 Passat. I didn't even realize that VW made a V6 in the Passat. I test drove it and loved it. It was blue. My wife commented that she wished it were red. Anyways, it sold pretty quickly. Last week, I was looking at the dealer's website and saw that they had another one. A fontana red one. I told my wife about it and she went and test drove it. She said it was perfect. I told her that I hoped they had it in a few weeks when they buy our TDI back. Today, I figured I'd better pick it up since I couldn't find any other red V6 Passats anywhere in the country. This thing is sweet. It has a ton of power. I thought the TDI was pretty fast. This thing squishes me back into the seat. The adaptive cruise control is awesome. It works great. I love how everything on the VW is so well thought out. Before our TDI, we'd always had GM cars. I also have a Jeep Wrangler. They definitely aren't built to the same quality level as my Passats. Our TDI is black with the beige interior. It's a beautiful car but a complete nightmare to keep clean. Inside and out. We made sure to get the black interior this time! Another thing I like about VW is that there isn't a billion options you have to choose from that nickel and dime you like there is with a GM. The sales people have never been pushy and there isn't a lot of haggling. I did get $2,500 off MSRP plus another $750 off my extended warranty for being a TDI owner. Chrysler is even worse. I had to go in with a battle plan when I bought my Jeep. Ridiculous! It took four or five hours to buy my Jeep and I didn't even have a trade! I was in and out of the VW dealer today in 45 minutes. Pretty nice.

See less See more
#6 ·
Beautiful Fortana Red V6. Any planned mods yet?

It was one of my choices, but the dealer that had one where I live is notorious for being horrible, and they wouldn't budge on price. Ended up getting a Reef Blue 1.8T from a different dealer. V6 are scarce here in Seattle for some reason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.