Dealer programmable features

1. Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum – General discussion forum for Volkswagen Passat

Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum - a website dedicated to all things Volkswagen Passat.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

Dealer programmable features

2015 Passat, any one have a list of the things that are programmable from the dealer like rolling locks, DRLs, etc...?

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Neutral
    First off any "Dealer programming" will cost you a small fortune !!!
    I have a suggestions for you. It is not cheap, but if you base it on dealer programming prices it pays for itself in not time. Realize that the dealer will charge you around $ 100.00 just to read a fault code on your car, plus the fix. With this you will also need a laptop to be able to use the VCDS tool.

Buy a VCDS tool from Ross-Tech.

I had to edit out any info for the TDI club since this is a gasser Passat.
    Last edited by Mexicokid; 04-30-2017 at 10:57 AM.

Neutral
    Carista app and a Bluetooth OBDII scanner will do a lot of these for you. I have those and have done quite a bit on my '16 Passat SEL Premium as well as my old '13 Jetta SEL, my fiancee's '16 GTI S, and her daughter's '11 Jetta S.

5. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Neutral
    Most dealers that I've asked in the states aren't willing to do the coding. They just say the feature does not exist More of a liability issue.

Some of the more common VAG-COM/OBD 11/Carista coding for the NMS (Not quite B7) Passats are as follows,

- Remote open close of the windows/sunroof
    - Gauge celebration (does a full sweep of the gauges when ignition is turned on)
    - Using fog lights as DRL
    - If you have rain sensing wipers - auto close windows if rain is detected.
    - Allow editing address/phone settings when car is moving (change speed threshold) only on 2012-2015. 2016+ still shows warning message but allows you to edit settings. Mainly to allow passengers to do this. I would not recommend changing settings on your own while driving.
    - Add amount of fuel required for refill onto the MFD.

Many more but don't recall off the top of my head. Some requires minor modifications.

Neutral
    Some others are
    Lane change turn signals from 3 to 5 flashes
    In a very hard braking condition make the brake lights flash
    The head lights on my 2015 were atrocious. Replaced with better bulbs and using VCDS upped the voltage to maximum going to bulbs and tail lights.

There are many more you can do.

Neutral
    I'd like to know how to find these features in VCDS so I can turn off the auto-lock passenger door and maybe so other tweaks.

Neutral
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo7 View Post
    I'd like to know how to find these features in VCDS so I can turn off the auto-lock passenger door and maybe so other tweaks.
    There is a tutorial on how to use VCDS on the Ross-Tech wiki web site.

The simple explanation is to connect the cable to the car with the ignition on (engine does mot need to be on for most of these mods.) You will see a tab with installed controllers on your particular vehicle. If not, I'd recommend doing a full scan first.

Once to open the window for a particular controller, you can select the button called "coding" typically it is button #7. You will see the long code for the particular controller. Then use the long coding helper, which will open another window that breaks down the long code bytes and maps it to features. Some may/not be mapped all. Most of the time they do not map it for liability reasons.

Some mods are done by changing what is called an adaptation. So for example, the switch from 3 convenience blinks to 5 is done through an adaptation. To get to that you just open a controller and youll see an adaptations button, usually below the coding button.

But beyond that youll need to open each controller to find out what features map to what controllers, as they differ from car to car. There is a way to dump an adaptations map, but that is a bit more involved.

Hope this helps,

The auto lock passenger should be in your owners manual and should be able to be modified through the MFD if im not mistaken.

Neutral
    Thanks Yogi, I'll try it out tomorrow. My car didn't come with an owner's manual btw

Neutral
    I for one would not want to do that, not in this day and age where someone uninvited can open the door while at a traffic light or wherever. It's no big deal to hit the button on the drivers side door.

Any other VCDS mods I have made can not be done any other way !

Neutral
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexicokid View Post
    I for one would not want to do that, not in this day and age where someone uninvited can open the door while at a traffic light or wherever. It's no big deal to hit the button on the drivers side door.

Any other VCDS mods I have made can not be done any other way !
    What I'm talking about is you walk away from you car then come back a few minutes later and the passenger doors have auto-locked on you. So annoying.

Neutral
    What I'm talking about is you walk away from you car then come back a few minutes later and the passenger doors have auto-locked on you. So annoying.
    ALL doors lock !!! Not just the passenger door. Don't know what you drive, but my Passat has the KESSY and I have to pull on the door handle to open the door which automatically unlocks the door.

Neutral
    So I found how to program stuff but didn't find anything useful or safe I could change. I have a 2003 GLX wagon BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexicokid View Post
    ALL doors lock !!! Not just the passenger door. Don't know what you drive, but my Passat has the KESSY and I have to pull on the door handle to open the door which automatically unlocks the door.
    Well it seems my driver door will stay unlocked but all other doors lock after a while.

Neutral
    Well it seems my driver door will stay unlocked but all other doors lock after a while.
    Faulty drivers door mechanism .

16. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where do you live?

Year of model

car model

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information