Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Are we still stuck without a badges grille for the 2013 passat?

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  jorben1990 
#1 · (Edited)
I can't find one anywhere, hoping 2016 brings one. Has anyone seen one or have pictures? BADGELESS*

#10 ·
i've done the research. there is no badgeless grille as of yet.
a few guys over on vw vortex have tried to use the JOM one for the EURO-b7 version of the car.
it doesn't fit exactly right, and there are gaps. it's a 10 ft looker, not a 2 foot looker' lol

also, splicing two grilles together would be difficult. the arc around the front center of the grille is very different than what the grille has existing in the rest of it's construction. it would be a lot more fabrication than simple splicing like with an old lincoln town-car grille, or the old b5/5.5 grilles.

#11 ·
IM thinking of getting it color matched at this point, i really like the clean look of a badgeless grille though, the VW is really out there. I like people to wonder what type of car i have since it lowered with the sport kit so it doesn't look like the average Passat ( if i do say so myself)

#13 ·
I've never done it, but I've seen many reports/write-ups of people using PlastiDip for projects like this. From what I've read, the big advantage is that you can simply peel it off with no damage if you don't like it. I don't know if you can do color matching with PD, but you could definitely do a "black-out" type thing. Just a thought!

#16 ·
I've had this picture for awhile can't remember where I downloaded it from. But if you take a close look at the grill on the left side something not right, looks like it's been photoshop. I agree I do like the look of debadged VW's but like everyone's mentioned none available for our model. On another note if your going to go badgeless you need to fill in the notch I find it look so stupid if you don't, it's cheaping out spend the extra cash and do it properly.

#17 ·
I don't think that pic's been photoshopped - it just looks like a reflection of the sunlight off the section at the edge of the grille. Take a close look at the driver's side, and you'll see how the grille angles back toward the headlamps on that side. That's what's gleaming in the sunlight on the passenger side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.