Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Key Fob Carnage

Tags
carnage fob key
1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  UncleMustang 
#1 ·
Ahhh help. Hey, I'm loving the forum and I appreciate all the great info on here and I'm wondering can anybody help me. So yesterday I was driving my Passat home and when I parked it, I got out of the car and hit the lock button on my key and noticed it didn't lock. No problem I thought, I will just lock it with the spare key as this key must have a flat battery (Although the little red light was still lighting up when I hit it.). So I went and grabbed my spare key and tried to lock it but with no joy. Same scenario the red light inside was lighting up but it had no impact on my car.

As my car was still open I tried to see if I could drive it to a safer location as it was still unlocked. When I put the fob in it didn't react. The lights in the dash don't light up, there is no crank or hint of a flat battery (I even tried jumping it), nothing. Neither key seems to be working or having any influence on the car. I managed to get it locked the manual way but I cannot lock it or start it with the key. It has gone from me driving to within 15 seconds of me getting out of the car to not being able to lock it or start.

Can anybody help me. Does anybody have a clue what has went wrong? Thanks everybody.

#4 ·
Hi there. I'm new to the forum, but had this exact problem last night. I purchased a 2010 wagon 3 weeks ago and last night the car left my wife and 2 kids stranded. I found that fuse #28 ( inside the car ) was blown. I replaced the fuse and the car started right up.

Did you ever find the issue with your car?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.