Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

P1531 p0022 p0243 again!!

2K views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  Fogcat 
#1 ·
In april I had the 3 codes in Title. I found oil in the DV connector, cleaned it, replaced the DV and all was happy again. The codes have returned! The DV connector is not fouled. I have trouble shot(?) and found NO definite reasons for this. The replaced DV was just shy of failure in resistance (should be between 10 and 20 ohms, was at 10.3). The N75 is at the same resistance reading. All else seems OK, ie. proper voltages and continuity. I could not check the connection to the ECU since I cannot verify what pin(s) to check.

What am I missing? I had an a DV that reads at 15ohms so I put it in, cleared the codes and drove. The turbo was working...for a while. After approx. 40 miles it cut out. MIL light was instant and I could definitely feel the lack of turbo until last 2 miles. It worked again!?!

Anybody got any idea where or what to do next?
Oh yeah...2007 2.0T Passat Wagon.

#2 ·
An Update: ALL voltages, resistances check. ALL continuities check. Yet, I still am getting the same codes. P 0010 P1531 P0033 P0243. The title is wrong, it is 0033. I have chased down all the codes and it seems to be involving the turbo boost. I have not yet been able to see what happens to the boost (no gauge). It seems to work for a while then cuts out.

#3 ·
Sure wish I would get some kind of feedback....Anyway; Bad relay was the issue for the turbo codes-- The J607 relay socket. Once that was replaced, I got P0686 and P0688 ECM power relay! aaand P1531/P0010 still. Put in a new power relay (some confusion as which is correct. It had a 100 relay, it is wrong. I find documentation stating 458. I can tell you the car does not like the 458 at all...instant errors with it. I also find documentation that states 460. 458 is a 5 pin, 460 is a 4 pin. The car likes the 460, leaving the 2 codes at the beginning of the thread P1531/P0010. Now what?

#4 ·
I have removed the fuse box. The intermittent errors occured again. There is some melting at 2 blades associated with the relevant relays. Could corrosion have caused this? Could the original bad relays have caused this? PLEASE, I need some advice on this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.