Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Car Jerks When Accelerating at HWY speeds

79K views 47 replies 17 participants last post by  STF 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 Passat 2.0T with 84,xxx miles on it. When I am on the highway, maintaining constant speed (60+ MPH), and accelerate to pass, my car jerks. It isn't while downshifting, so I would speculate that it has nothing to do with the transmission. I took it to my dealership and they told me that they couldn't do anything to it until it tripped the CEL. When I am driving at City speeds this rarely ever happens no matter how fast I accelerate (although it has happend). It is almost like it isn't getting gas or like it's gasping for air. Once I steady the speed or slow down it goes away. It is not constant. Please help... any ideas?

#37 ·
I'm getting the Coil packs changed this next week, the closest dealership is about 20 miles away and I haven't been able to plan to get my car up there with work.... Thanks to MP33Dave for the headsup on the recall, saved me 75 bucks. I will keep everyone updated.

#46 ·
I changed the Coil Packs to version F yesterday, I have not experienced the problem as of yet, It was not an all the time issue but it was fairly frequent. This leads me to think that this could have been the problem, however, I did more securely attach N205 sensor with tape and a brace until my new part came in. This could have also solved the problem. I do know that it seems to be one of the two. I will test more and update.

#47 ·
I finally changed the N205 yesterday (said sensor in last post, meant valve), Drove on highway and did not experience the problem. I installed BSH Revamp that night due to leaking PCV (which made a huge difference in throttle response and boost, must have been pretty big leak). I drove to Frankfort from Ashland and back today, testing frequently when passing, the problem is gone. My car is back to normal, thanks everyone for there input.

#48 ·
I think I have a similar problem. I have 07 2.0T Passat, when accelerate on highway (60mph +) the car kind of jumps rapidly and frequently (I guess this is what you call "jerking" ;) ). There's no issue in lower speeds. Coil packs were changed by dealer under recall. What could be the issue? Any help would be appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.