window tinting

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: window tinting

1st Gear

window tinting

so it's starting to get warm out and I think I should get the windows on my wagon done before I melt myself into a seat - what's a good going rate for having an entire wagon done? Not looking for exact, just don't want to get ripped off when I take it to a shop to have it done.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Neutral
    Expect anywhere from 150-350. Lots of factors come in to play, it depends on where you take it, Shop vs. Local tint guy (cash), brand of film, type of film, etc.

Neutral
    Not sure where you live in Pa, when I lived there around King Of Prussia theirs a shop in Bridgeport Sunsationals....they did all my cars excellent work....you may pay a little more then the guy that works in a shop off a dirt road but in life you get what you pay for....its a clean up to date shop.....looking around $200-300 bucks....they will quote you over the phone and they used to give a discount for cash..

1st Gear
    thanks for the replies... I may drive out that way (in harrisburg) to have it done since you speak so highly

Neutral
    Just bought our Passat last week and the first thing we did was 3M bra and tint. Bra was $579 for bumper,hood,mirrors and rear bumper step. Tint was $149. This was for a sedan so around $250. for a wagon. A wagon would use more tint but easier to install. I never skimp on tint quality since removing it sucks with rear defroster. 3M is lifetime warranty as are most quality tint.

Neutral
    Are you still able to use the rear window defroster after tinting?

Neutral
    yes, there should be no problem using the rear def after tinting.

One note, if you get metallic tint on a wagon, if might interfere with the radio antenna that's in the glass at the back.

1st Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by angelico View Post
    One note, if you get metallic tint on a wagon, if might interfere with the radio antenna that's in the glass at the back.
    wow... good to know - didn't even think of that!

I'm not looking for fancy colors or anything like that, just the darkest I can get that blocks heat (black interior, united gray exterior).

Neutral
    I have 5% in the back and had 30something% on the drivers and passenger doors. Needed the lighter at the front so the cops don't harrass me. Had to take the drivers and passengers off in my new province to pass the motor vehicle inpsection though.

Pics with all windows still tinted. Personally, I don't think you should ever tint the windshield...

Neutral
    Just had my sedan done a few weeks ago at SSC tint and graphics in Elizabethtown. The guy came highly recommended and I will add to that. he did an incredible job....looks amazing! I went 35% all around and it ran me $250. The guy does great work....give him a call. Tell him the guys with the black passat referred you....he may give you a god deal to drum up more business in the area.

1st Gear
    etown! not that far away at all - thanks! angelico, those pics are great, exactly what I am looking to do, thank you!

13. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information