2010 Passat bluetooth issue!!!!
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

2010 Passat bluetooth issue!!!!

When I connect my phone all I see is uhv. I used to see volkswagen. So I connect to uhv and all I get is Audio thats it, I have to make calls from my phone. before i can see my contacts, make calls from my steering wheel controls, and via voice, now i cant anybody know the problem? Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

1st Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by marqese View Post
    When I connect my phone all I see is uhv. I used to see volkswagen. So I connect to uhv and all I get is Audio thats it, I have to make calls from my phone. before i can see my contacts, make calls from my steering wheel controls, and via voice, now i cant anybody know the problem? Thanks in advance
    umm uhv is a different bluetooth module than the one that says Volkswagen. the 9w2 is the uhv which allows bluetooth streaming. our 2010 passats come with the 9w3 module which says volkswagen and does not allow streaming but has voice commands and phonebook. has your car been out of your hands lately? I would say someone switched your module because the factory module doesnt even allow bluetooth streaming.

And i know this because the 2010 jetta's, golf's gti's come with the 9w2 module and my gf has a 2010 jetta and my buddy has a 2010 gti. I myself have a 2010 passat which has the 9w3 so i have had my fare share of playtime with the 2

only the new 9w7 module allows bluetooth streaming, voice commands, phonebook, shows cell signal, shows cell battery.... but this can only be found in some 2011 cars like the new jetta that has the rns-310 navigation or you can upgrade yourself but from the looks of it, im guessing you havent swapped it out for the 9w7 ($350 from private seller or ~$600 from the dealer)

Neutral
    Do you have a part number to the module im supposed to have...because i did just get my car serviced...could it be anything else?

1st Gear
    9w2 = 1K8035730C

9w3 = 1Z0035729E

you're supposed to have the 9w3. its located under the passenger seat

ps, i pulled these part numbers from another forum so they have a chance of being incorrect. so let me know what you have
    Last edited by TrackStar; 12-18-2010 at 09:23 PM.

Neutral
    the part number that was on there is 1Z0035729E.

1st Gear
    the part number that was on there is 1Z0035729E.
    give me 20mins.. im gonna pull mine out and see what the part number is

Neutral
    And just to be clear I can't Bluetooth steam music. I just get handsfree, no phonebook, or voice activation. When I press the phone button on the steering wheel nothing happens. This is frustrating

1st Gear
    And just to be clear I can't Bluetooth steam music. I just get handsfree, no phonebook, or voice activation. When I press the phone button on the steering wheel nothing happens. This is frustrating
    ahh i see, well i just checked mine and and yes it is the same as yours. i think the problem is some coding issue. the dealer will be able to do this and free of course because you're under warranty. i dont know if you have a vagcom or not because i think i know what to change.

if you could can you try, with the radio on, pushing the voice command button?

as for your phonebook not working, im not sure why. maybe its coding but that shouldnt be because my buddy swapped his 9w2 for a 9w7 and got phonebook without any recoding. are you scrolling left and right on the steering wheel to get to the phonebook?

Neutral
    I have tried everything it still only shows uhv.

1st Gear
    just go to the dealer

12. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information