Little phone button??
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

Little phone button??

We got a new 2009 Passat Komfort and on the steering wheel it has a little button with a phone on. I figured this would be bluetooth. It does nothing when I push it. I do not see anything in the manual about bluetooth so I am guessing it does not have it. What is the purpose of the button? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

1st Gear
    Mine is the same, and I had to install optional Volk-L bluetooth system to get it work.

What radio do you have ? What year is your B6 ?

Neutral
    Quote Originally Posted by seaman View Post
    Mine is the same, and I had to install optional Volk-L bluetooth system to get it work.

What radio do you have ? What year is your B6 ?
    It is a 2009. Not sure what radio it is but it sounds great! Very pleased with the sound. It has no navigation but satelite radio.

2nd Gear
    yes, you need to buy bluetooth module, eithe OEM or aftermarket to get it work

BTW congrats to your Passat, post some pics soon!

Neutral
    Quote Originally Posted by seaman View Post
    The Volk-L kit is pretty nice I've seen it in a few cars. Its about $340. And the button on your steering wheel will actually work!

1st Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh@Emich View Post
    The Volk-L kit is pretty nice I've seen it in a few cars. Its about $340. And the button on your steering wheel will actually work!
    It works great, but it's expensive for almost no function. Yes it shuts down the music if there's a phone call, but there's no way to make a call with voice recognition, there's no way to transfer phonebook to the car, there's no way to see the caller id on the radio and there's no way to make a phone call without touching the phone, dialing or speeddialing on the keypad of the phone.

I had an OEM bluetooth system (handsfree link) in my 04 Acura TL, and all that was available already back then.....except for the phonebook that I had to re-enter manually and was limited to 50 entries.

Neutral
    Well, that answers my question about what was needed to make the "little phone button" work. I dont think I will be dropping north of 3 bills on it though. I think I figured out something though - everyone always asks what that storage compartment is to the left of the wheel - I looked at it and it has some type of mounting slots - is this where that thing goes?

9. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information