Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Tsi Vs Fsi

Tags
fsi tsi
23K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  reyesrey 
#1 ·
wuts the differnce in the tsi and the fsi. i just reecently heard about this new motor. and i haerd the tsi puts out more power? when chipped:confused:

#30 ·
you say this earlier
TSI - stands for turbo charged (+superchareged in a few models)
FSI - no turbo/no supercharger

then say this

hey..

I'm pretty much confident in what I'm saying. You gotta look at the lifespan of Vw engines. It's true, that they have made such a mess with all of it lately. Here, in Europe, we can have passats with folowing engines:

1.6 (No tsi, no Fsi) - 75kw/148nm
1.6 FSI - 85kw/155nm
2.0 FSI - 110kw/200nm
1.8 TSI - 117kw/250nm (TURBO). <-- replacement for 2.0Fsi
2.0 Turbo FSI - 147kw/280nm
3.2 Fsi V6 Fsi - 184Kw/330nm

and then there are 3.2v6 and R36

also, in Turkey they have 1.4 Tsi which features BOTH Turbo AND Supercharger 110kw and 240nm (here at my country they offer this engine for Tiguan only)

so, FSI and TSI alone does not tell you weather engine is turbo charged or no, you gotta look at the engine that it comes with.

now tell me i'm still wrong :poke::poke:
and in that post you say 2.0 turbo FSI which contradicts what you said earlier, so im still going to say your earlier post is wrong

#8 ·
stole this from another thread

CBFA/CCTA has:
-timing chain, no more timing belt
- balance shafts in the block
- pulley/gear/crank multi-piece
- 4 lobe cam with roller follower
- Fuel pump runs off the exhaust cam
- Different layout of the cams in the head
- different tensioner setup at the back of the head
- the new Engine management system med12.5. Much more advanced control strategies and some new surfaces that make calibration so much more powerful!
- Fueling is much, much better for lot's of reasons. More pressure for one, new pump, roller follower and some other stuff...
- New air intake setup, no more engine cover/airbox combo
- oil filter and oil dipstick relocated
- improved PCV system (we'll see about that)
- Compression ratio lowered to 9.6:1
this discussed the TSI and the FTSI in the CC and the A4, but this shows the difference between the new motor and the old one.

credit goes to Dark_Helmet he schooled me in the other thread

#23 ·
The fsi is really just a tsi, but the first letter is turned upside down to save on badging costs. Just to f*ck with people.

#31 ·
That would have been better if you had said "jist to t*ck with people"
I thought there was more to the simple change from F to T. In the UK the Passat had a 2l petrol engine which was replaced with the 1.6 fsi which had the same power output. When i went to buy my last car the 1.6 Fsi had just been replaced by the 1.4 Tsi which had the same power output as the earlier 2lFsi. The UK tax laws are very strict on sales rep cars and the allowance they can get against a car depends on the C02 emmissions. The drive to reduce the C02 emisssions is what i believed to be the drivers for the 1.4Tsi engine in a car which had a previous minimum engine size of 2l.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.