Clock setting

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clock setting

2nd Gear

Clock setting

I looked all thru the manual and can't find anything on this. I have NAV. The NAV should set the clock. Also the radio had RDS in it. Most other cars I've driven with RDS, the RDS radio will set the clock. $1800 for a NAV unit and it won't even set the clock??? Also, even if it doesn't set the clock, the clock knows the date. It sould do the daylight savings time correction. MS Windows has been doing that for years.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

4th Gear
    Can't wait to see what happens to Windows next year with the change in DST.

As for your complaints, maybe these are things you could have looked into prior to purchase since the seem to be such a big deal? Seriously, I mean a lot of people complain about a lot of very trivial items. Items that had they taken the time to look into prior to purchase would not be an issue.

Maybe a bit more time spent looking into how things work and what they do before you purchase them would save the anguish? You should never assume anything.

Sorry you are so dissatisfied with your NAV unit.

1st Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip
    I looked all thru the manual and can't find anything on this. I have NAV. The NAV should set the clock. Also the radio had RDS in it. Most other cars I've driven with RDS, the RDS radio will set the clock. $1800 for a NAV unit and it won't even set the clock??? Also, even if it doesn't set the clock, the clock knows the date. It sould do the daylight savings time correction. MS Windows has been doing that for years.
    Hope your B6 does not crash as often as my Windows

2nd Gear
    Don't get me wrong - I'm not dissatisfied with the NAV. I'd still have bought it. The maps are great and the routing is awesome. Just those couple things bug me. I can live with setting the clock.

6. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information