Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

While driving battery and ABS lights car no power

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jjpark 
#1 ·
So i was driving when suddenly out of nowhere the battery light and ABS light came on. The ABS then started flickering on and off randomly and the car had very very little power it wouldn't pull on 2nd gear. After a while the battery light turned off and the ABS too and the car was running fine, then after 3 miles it started back again. I turned on and off the car it starts up but the battery signal persists. Is it a bad alternator or what. Please help.

#4 ·
I got the car checked. It was a bad alternator,got it rebuilt. The ABS and loss of power were caused because there wasn't much energy going through the system. Had it repaired for a full day everything seems to be fine. Thank you guys for the replies.

#5 ·
Glad you got it fixed. In the future. When you start to have electrical gremlins appear always check the battery and alternator 1st (Unless it's something obvious)

I have noticed with my Passat that it loves it's proper voltage and without it. Things get strange.

As Tomvw mentioned. Get yourself a Vag scanner and make sure it's VW specific!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.