I didn't see a list anywhere, so thought I'd start one. This list is for likely causes for a b5 when engine is turning over, getting fuel but no spark to any plugs.
I read through many posts and found a bunch of random suggestions and I've gone through them all to get some ideas.
1. Battery - Weak battery, Poor connections
2. Fuse - Bad fuse (29, which others?)
3. ICM - Bad part or poor connection? N/A for 2001+?
4. ECM - Bad ECM or poor connections, or wet?
5. ECM Ground - Poor ground near ECM?
6. CCM - Faulty CCM, poor connection or wet?
7. CCM - Harness bad junction/splice?
8. CCM Ground - Poor ground DS floor or near firewall?
9. TCM - Could this be an issue?
I'm also having this issue myself right now.
Car was parked and with no battery in it for a long time due to work needed.
Installed a new k04 and did an oil change.
Had water intrusion issues a few times, clogged drains in battery compartment.
Removed CCM, it was dry and everything looked perfectly clean.
Carpet did get wet on drivers side a few times, but has been dry for a long time and looks fine.
Carpet has been soaked many times on passenger side, TCM housing was still full of water when I removed it.
Checked the ECM. Looked perfect and doesn't look like it could ever get wet with that large hole for the wires to go inside the car.
Disconnected fuel line and turned the engine over. Plenty of fuel is coming out.
Pulled coils, inserted known good plugs, rested them on the valve cover and turned key. Did this at night, definitely no spark.
Any thoughts or suggestions? Items to add to my list or suggestions for me?