Fuel leak near passenger rear door - need to recreate
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

Fuel leak near passenger rear door - need to recreate

Hello,

I know this has been posted a few times and I know what probably needs to be done but everytime I take the care into the dealership it does not leak! From the other threads I have read it is because the pressure equalizes and the leak stops once the car has been running for about 10 minutes.

I could just get them to replace the filter and hoses but I would rather they see the leak and determine for themselves what the issue is, that way they will warranty the work & parts.

Every morning when I start her up in the driveway, it drips fuel. I drive out to work, stop about 15 minutes into the trip to check for the leak and it isn't dripping any longer. I have taken it to the dealer 3 times and it has never leaked, so I can't recreate the issue.

Is there any way I could reproduce the condition with the pressure in the fuel filter? Would filling some gas make a difference? Just opening the fuel tank?

Thanks,

Kevin
    99 B5 1.8T 5M 258K

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

3rd Gear
    How about leaving the car with them overnight? I know it is a PITA, but it would allow them to see it at start up.

Neutral
    KDX - that's the planB :-) They don't have the parts, so if I can reproduce the leak today, they'll order the parts and I'll have it done by Thursday. If they don't get to ordering tomorrow, it gets pushed out to Friday. That's the main reason I wanted to try an expedite it.

2nd Gear
    been there
    just need to tigthen/replace the screw clamps of the hoses on the fuel filter

6. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information