Heated Seats Wiring Loom
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

Heated Seats Wiring Loom

Hiya,

I have a 2002 passat sport, which came with non heated seats.

I bought some highline leather seats about 1.5 years ago and there smelling lovely etc, these seats DO have the seated element installed in them.

My car however does not have the loom, I have seem on Ebay I can buy the wiring loom for around £161 which to me is a high price.

Could I take the wiring loom out of a passat at a scrap yard and install it that way, or because it's OEM wiring, would it be heavily intergrated with other wires in the car?

Also I'm very rubbish at wiring, and I've seen online for instructions on how to wire, except the destructions I've seen are either in black or white, or don't actually show you how to wire into the fuse box, whereas I'd like highly detailed ones.

Any help would be smashing

Thanks,
    Dan (UK)

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Moderate Moderator Steve in Chicago's Avatar
    I did the same upgrade you're planning. As far as parts, you'll also need the two seat heater controls that live in the dash.

I made the harness from scratch with info from the Bentley Manual (wiring diagrams in back section) and information from sonnybk found in this link... Heated Seat Switches / Controls ?

2nd Gear
    Go to Ebay.de search for Kabelbaum sitzheitzung, ( wiring harness for heated seats). Found one for 50 Euros, auction : 130510673927

5. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Thread Information