What is the difference between a Passat and a Passat CC?
+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

What is the difference between a Passat and a Passat CC?

Im looking for a Passat, this will be our first. My wife really likes the looks.
    I ran across an ad for this one:
    2003 Volkswagen Passat / CC 4dr Sdn GLX

and I have no idea what the difference is this one has a 2.8L V6 FI DOHC 30V rather that a 1.8T is that the difference?

Thanks for helping the noob out

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Neutral
    The ad said it is 2003? It cannot be a CC.
    The Passat CC debuted in 2008. It is a very stylized version of the Passat, a 4-door coupe (CC stands for Comfort Coupe ), much in the vein of the Mercedes Benz CLS. It is a very different animal from the regular Passat in the looks department.

And if I'm not wrong the CC has a 3.6-liter V6, not 2.8-liters as you mentioned what was in the ad. That 2003 Passat you saw is a B5.5, with a 2.8 liter V6 and not a Passat CC.

Neutral
    thank you very much

Neutral
    No problem. What are the figures on that 2003 Passat you saw? Mileage, records, existing condition, blah blah blah.

Neutral
    I have not actually seen it yet, but I understand it is in very good shape, 72K miles it is at a dealer and they are asking 5900..... I am planning on looking at it tonight or tomorrow night.

3rd Gear
    CC is VW’s newer four-door coupe and it is only available starting MY 2009. It has either 2.0T 200-hp timing-chain equipped TSI I4 or 3.6L 280-hp narrow-angle VR6. So the one you’re looking definitely is not a CC.

Remember the flowchart, a great deal on a Passat may mean a money pit later on.

Make sure to read this recent discussion on getting a 2.8L V6 Passat:
    Which passat wagon?

Neutral
    I have read a ton of stuff on this and other forums, I have also been working on cars since I was 15, did my very first complete restoration that year, a Triumph Spitfire. I am pretty good with both mechanical and body/paint work....I have tended to be slower catching on to all this electronic stuff, but I'm getting there....

I am of the firm belief that any used car is questionable regardless of how much you try to hedge your bets.. I love the flow chart, printed and posted on my garage wall.. That way if we do by this car, I have no one to blame but myself. LOL

I appreciate all that I have learned today, reading this forum and feel more prepared for my entry to the World of VW. I have a long list from ECS ready to order, if we pull the trigger. I am still looking for a Vag com, but think I'll get the one from. Umm mm. Ross I think it is. I have a code reader already, but it looks like so much more info with the Vag com.

Guess it all depends on when wifey wants to go look, but I think she is set on the passat, and the more I read about the all the fun of driving them the more sold I am as well. we just have to find the right car..

Thanks again to all, and I am sure I will have many more questions as this plays out...

4th Gear
    The CC is a 4 person car versus the Passat being a 5 person car. The doors of the CC do not surround the windows with a frame while the Passat does.

2nd Gear

4th Gear
    As stated, an 09 CC and an 03 Passat are only related in name. 03 is a true Audi B-chassis car; the 09 is a modified Golf/Jetta platform. In fact, the Passat CC and other Passats of the same year are quite a bit different from each other. It's not as if CC is a trim line of the Passat, like the GTi is of the Golf and the GLi is if the Jetta.

The CC in the ad must be a typo or abbreviation for cruise control.

12. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information