100 octane pump gas locator
+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

100 octane pump gas locator

I just found this locator tool on Sunoco's website for their 100 octane pump gas. I figured a lot of people would probably like to give it a tr, especially if you have a 100 octane program. Here it is:

Overview - Sunoco 260 GT100 Locations

Lucky for me I will be driving right by one of these gas stations this weekend!

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

3rd Gear
    I fill the once and a while I make it to Lakeville, Conn. to Lime Rock Park. And my local Sunoco station sells 5 gal. pour cans. No need for it at all except that the exhaust smells real sweet.

It's something akin to, "Napalm son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning... Smell, that gasoline smell, smells like... Victory"

4th Gear
    alot of 76 gas stations in norcal have 100 octane..
    IMO if your passat isnt ridiculously modded for drag racing i wouldnt
    use 100 octane. itll f-up your sh--

Mr. Bieber 1st place WaterFest 17
    There is one like ~5 min from my house. Pretty cool. and one right down the road from my work

Neutral
    Quote Originally Posted by -BEE5- View Post
    alot of 76 gas stations in norcal have 100 octane..
    IMO if your passat isnt ridiculously modded for drag racing i wouldnt
    use 100 octane. itll f-up your sh--
    You don't need to be ridiculously modded at all, if you have a 100 octane program you stand to gain 5-10 hp over the 93 program. Don't quote me on those numbers, but they are in the ballpark. Higher octane fuel will allow your engine to advance timing because it is less prone to detonation, which allows higher compression. I don't think you would see much gain without the proper tune, but you certainly would not cause any harm as long as it is 100 pump gas and not actual race fuel. With race fuel I have been told you could damage your cat(s), however I don't even think this would be an issue if you only ran race fuel every once and awhile. Then again I could be wrong since I have never tried it.

Neutral
    It will only benefit if you have the 100 octane file as everybody else said, but if you have 91/93 file it wont really do anygood except keep CF's down, with out proper tuning, ie boost/timing, its useless

8. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information