CEL on please help codes (P1613, P1250, P1338, P1136)
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

CEL on please help codes (P1613, P1250, P1338, P1136)

I have 1.8T 4 cylinder and had a CEL coming and going for the past year or so. I haven’t paid much attention to it (I was little idiotic and out of cash to pay for repairs) until recently where the CEL stayed on for all the time.

Now I went to Auto zone to do a scan and found four codes on it. P1613, P1250, P1338, P1136. I researched a little bit on this site and found that P1136 (is a vacuum hoses leak). I saw a hose coming out of my power steering tank that is leaking a bit and I think it may be a problem (Correct me if I am wrong)

P1338 – Found that this may be a problem with cam shaft position sensor. If some body has a DIY info on this, please guide me to it.

P1250 – I guess this is because of poor maintenance 

P1613 – Not sure what this is? Still researching (does any body know about this??)

If experts here can suggest if I am on right track that would be lot of help.

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

P1613 link
    P1338 Link
    P1136 Link
    Sounds like you may have electrical issues.
    P1250 means low fuel. Never seen that before..

PZ
    Redline
    How many miles on the car and has the timing belt ever been changed? You don't want to find out the cam sensor is on because the timing belt has skipped.

The P1136 may be a vacuum leak, not a power steering leak. It may also be a bad MAF.

Not sure about the P1613, maybe the light has been on so long it set it's own code!

Neutral
    Thanks for the reply. I have 110000 miles on the car. Timing belt was not changed any time recently. I was long ago, probably like 3 years ago.

Neutral
    Quote Originally Posted by PZ View Post
    How many miles on the car and has the timing belt ever been changed? You don't want to find out the cam sensor is on because the timing belt has skipped.

The P1136 may be a vacuum leak, not a power steering leak. It may also be a bad MAF.

Not sure about the P1613, maybe the light has been on so long it set it's own code!
    Do you think Timing belt has to be changed again or can this be a problem with Cam sensor it self?

Neutral
    Quote Originally Posted by PZ View Post

what is the worst case if cam sensor is on because the timing belt slipped?

Neutral
    P1136 was cleared after I cleaned MAF sensor.

P1338 got cleared after replacing the Cam position Sensor.

P1250 and P1613 went away automatically, I didn't do anything for these but just had the engine check codes cleared but they never came back again. Its been more than a month.

PZ
    Redline
    Good to hear. I would not worry about the timing belt yet as long as it had been changed in the last few years.

10. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information