First of all, I want to thank anyone for the help in the past.
Currently, my 2003 Passat V6 has a check engine light on with code P0441 (EVAP Emission Control System Incorrect Purge Flow). I cleaned the purge valve and thought it would be helpful to any one who is looking for the information.
1. Purge Valve sits on top of Air Box on the passenger side.
- The part circled with RED is the purge valve
- The part circled with ORANGE is the electrical connections
- The parts circled with BLUE are single use clamps affix each side of the hoses
2. I bought the carb cleaner and clamps with screw for easily tighten the hoses. Also, it is easier to take them off if I need to change an new purge valve.
3. The picture show the electrical connector being taken off and both single use clamps being taken off.
4. The purge valve (OEM part number: 077133517C)
5. I sprayed the carb cleaner into both sides of the holes on purge valve. Then, I used fingers to cover both end and shook a bit. I waited for several minutes. Unfortunately, there is nothing dirty came out of it.
6. Installation is in the reversed order.
7. When I started the car, the light still there. I only started for couple of minutes and I did not heard the clicking/ticking sounds from the purge valve which I heard before!!
What should I do then?
- Do I need to reset the CEL? If so, how to do it?
- Drive around tomorrow to see if CEL will clear itself? Will it?
- Take it to the dealer?
Thanks for help!!