What did you do to your Passat today?

1. Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum – General discussion forum for Volkswagen Passat

Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum - a website dedicated to all things Volkswagen Passat.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 255 123456789101151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree1322Likes

Thread: What did you do to your Passat today?

1st Gear

What did you do to your Passat today?

I've seen this on many forums and it's always been a winner. Post up what you did to your car today. Add a picture or two that show what your did.

With that, I give you my addition, I polished my headlights.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat mrgreek2002's Avatar
    Checked it's fluids and filled them up. Did a vag-com scan and re-enabled the beep sound when the locks are armed and also turned on the indicator lights when unlocking and locking the car.
    wmj259 likes this.

4th Gear
    Put a new sticker on my roof rack fairing for Canon mountain in New Hampshire & put in a three spoke steering wheel after having it for a year lol
    patskialta likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

1st Gear
    Replaced the brake light switch in my GF passat and took it for inspection....oil change and fog light change for both our cars this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    With that, I give you my addition, I polished my headlights.
    what polish did you use, im going to do that this weekend too
    cristian90 likes this.

1st Gear
    It's a 3M Industrial-grade polish. I forgot what it's called exactly, the bottle is pretty non-discript. The magic was in using this:

3rd Gear
    Purchased a boost gauge that will be installed in the next few days!

Overdrive
    Detected a slight chemical smell through the vents, and climbed around under the hood trying to decide if it was residue from the engine cleaner I'd used, or yet another oil leak.
    Vegaramosjose likes this.

4th Gear
    I moved my car to a different side of the street for alternate side parking...
    RPCALIVE, akva2, ayarboom and 6 others like this.

Neutral
    i smoked my taillights this afternoon
    Jbpassat likes this.

2nd Gear
    put in APR ECU a week ago, bought boost gauge but can't find a hole to put the hose through the firewall -.-

4th Gear
    What I did today was drive it to the store and back. LOL.

But on the way home I drove umm "quickly", and at one point punched it out at about 60mph and it literally snapped my head back violently, and flew past the car I was behind. This little bugger's got some balls! I've done this before and it seems that if I'm on the gas steady, and then let off for a second, and then stomp it, the turbo kicks in instantly - right in time with the kickdown (Tip) and BAM your off like a shot!
    Does anyone know why it does this? Like what's actually happening? It seems like the DV slaps shut and the turbo's already spooled up or something.
    Revolver and digdoug78 like this.

I'm just itching to be Banned NEWMAN'SOWN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend View Post
    I've done this before and it seems that if I'm on the gas steady, and then let off for a second, and then stomp it, the turbo kicks in instantly and BAM your off like a shot!

Does anyone know why it does this? Like what's actually happening?
    I can't say that I am 100% sure, but I think...

1st Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by step@[dartmouth] View Post
    i moved my car to a different side of the street for alternate side parking...
    lmao
    cchief22 likes this.

I popped off the right front brake pads trying to track down a a squeal at 30mph and below. Goes away when I stomp the brakes. Turns out part of the backing on the inboard pad flaked off where it makes a ring around the piston. Filled in the gap with the anti-squeal goop. Hmph still wearing even too. It's a shame, I have 90K now and they have enough meat on them to go to 120k at least.

1st Gear
    Drove 55 on the freeway to see what the mpg display would tell me. Best I could get was 32.1. Maybe less in real world. Boy that was painful.

Neutral
    Replaced passenger side DRL and bought a 24mm socket to remove sending unit so I can T off and add oil pressure gauge. (And probably add boost gauge while I am at it.

|m|(^_^)|m|
    Drove that b*tch to work
    digdoug78, wmj259 and Jamesw like this.

B-5
    The "Odd" one
    Quote Originally Posted by PassitTurbo View Post
    Drove that b*tch to work
    We think a like sir....
    Jamesw likes this.

1st Gear
    bought a timing belt kit to be installed monday
    Passatmat likes this.

1st Gear
    I found door cards and dash bits from a 2003 W8. They arrived, yesterday. Going to start removing the belt line chrome and wooden accents, tonight. I also plan to Dremel the tweeter pods for new speakers.
    granny sparx likes this.

2nd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by B-5 View Post
    We think a like sir....
    yeah, besides a tank of premium every three weeks and some washer fluid every once in a while, that's all the loving Petra gets these days.

RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator JayTheSnork's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I drove it 60 miles to work like I do every day.
    eline1221 likes this.

Neutral
    Quote Originally Posted by Petra Passat View Post
    yeah, besides a tank of premium every three weeks and some washer fluid every once in a while, that's all the loving Petra gets these days.
    Not to drift the thread, but...
    do you mean that you get three weeks on a tank, or do you only run on premium every few tankfulls?

I'm lucky if I get a week on a tank of fuel, and the mpg thing has me wondering. So far, all I run is premium (ouch) but if I can alternate between that and plus/regular, my wallet would be thankful...

Back on topic - new Aero wiper blades to replace the crappy Anco refills the car came with...

2nd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by painless View Post
    do you mean that you get three weeks on a tank, or do you only run on premium every few tankfulls?

I'm lucky if I get a week on a tank of fuel, and the mpg thing has me wondering. So far, all I run is premium (ouch) but if I can alternate between that and plus/regular, my wallet would be thankful...

Back on topic - new Aero wiper blades to replace the crappy Anco refills the car came with...
    i hope he means 3 weeks between fill ups. and your in jersey like me, we have some of the cheapest gas in the country (or the northeast at least)

oh and i drove mine to work. i have another oil change coming up soon

Resident a-hole knowitall
    pulled some parts from it then put the tarp back over it and tighted the ratchet straps back up. next step is pulling the rest off of it and junking what remains, then drove my jetta to work to break in my new motor mounts

What time is Matlock on?
    gave her a nice "carbon burning" high rpm drive to work today. I'll be cleaning out the paint brushes and trash in the back tonight. Old W8 lights in the trunk to give to Salty.

Punches Dubs. True Story
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JayTheSnork View Post
    I drove it 60 miles to work like I do every day.
    Drove it 27 miles to daycare and work, like always. The best part is that with the speedo pegged at 78mph, I can still return 38-39mpg. About halfway through and I'm averaging 37.7mpg for this tank so far. (I love this car.)

Neutral
    Found the key in my suitcase. The Passat is 1,462 miles away and I plan to try it out after I land at that airport today!

2nd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by painless View Post

Three weeks to a tank - right around 400 km (250 miles) of city driving, average is 21-23 mpg (the low end is with winter gas). My round trip is only 30 km, or ~18 miles. I've always pumped premium, and have just gotten used to dumping in $55-60 worth of gas for each tankful.

John
    ftorres likes this.

Neutral
    Ordered a new Glovebox from eBay - $30
    Ordered new LED City Lights from SuperBrightLEDS.com - $23
    Ordered an 8" antenna - $18

Scouring the web. looking for a W8 dome light, right read door panel in gray and a used vag-com cable.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I need a new Engine cover.. mine just split in 2.

33. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where do you live?

Year of model

car model

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information