Replacing marker turn signal or corner lights
+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

Replacing marker turn signal or corner lights

Next to the head light on the driver side I'm replacing the corner light or the turn signal light. There is a fancy looking spring and I don't know where it hooks to? It is attached to the light assembly on the back upper part of the light. I have a 2000 passat and if someone could post a pic of the spring hook to what ever it needs to hook on to that what be LOTS of HELP. I can not use the passenger side light since that spring is missing. The passanger side light is broken so can not use as a reference.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

2nd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by PassaTRookie View Post
    Next to the head light on the driver side I'm replacing the corner light or the turn signal light. There is a fancy looking spring and I don't know where it hooks to? It is attached to the light assembly on the back upper part of the light. I have a 2000 passat and if someone could post a pic of the spring hook to what ever it needs to hook on to that what be LOTS of HELP. I can not use the passenger side light since that spring is missing. The passanger side light is broken so can not use as a reference.
    I don't have a picture, and I'm too lazy to snap one, but the spring has a white plastic hook that fits into a slot in the sheet metal if I'm not mistaken. Look at the passenger side and it will give you the idea. It's really simple and straight forward.

murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat mrgreek2002's Avatar
    If the passenger side one's spring is broken then it's not safe to have it like that on the car. It could fall off if you hit a bump in the road or a pot hole. Trust me, I lost mine of the freeway when the car was new and I didn't know anything about the car yet. Try a local scrap yard to buy either the spring piece of the whole corner light. From the deal they are around $60+ each.

1st Gear
    the back of the corner light should look like this and the white plastic ring is attached by a spring:

The white plastic ring-shaped thing should be the one that does the hook up.

1st Gear
    sorry, it's not white in this picture, it's more like grayish...^_^

murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat mrgreek2002's Avatar
    This is D.Passat00's pic, but it should give you an idea of the location of where to put that clip into the sheet metal.

8. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information