How to change tail light bulb
+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

How to change tail light bulb

I have performed a search and didn't come up with what I was looking for, so here is my question....

My left rear taillight bulb is out. I went to my local Pep Boys and they looked up the make/model/year and I bought the bulb they said I needed. But now I can't figure out how to get to wherever the bulb is. Any tips? Or do I just need to bite the bullet and go to the dealership?

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Neutral
    Scott-when I click on the link provided, I get the following message:
    "Guest Login

Enter the e-mail address for the person whose pictures you want to see. For security reasons, you will only be able to see their public pictures. To see a user's private pictures, they must e-mail an invitation to you."

4th Gear
    Rear Brake Light Bulb replacement-Sedan

Its the same procedure for the driver's side.. just pull the portion that covers the access to the taillight bulb housing.

Neutral
    The drivers side brake bulb replacement on my 03 Passat sedan was a bit harder to access than the passenger side. Due to the rack that holds the emergency kit/owners manual/changer is in the way for trunk access of the circuit board from the trunk. I had to remove the lens assembly (unbolting three nuts) pulling the assembly outwards then unclip the board to access the bulbs. Should have taken photos. Sorry

Cheers.
    Last edited by BeerKnurd; 01-09-2011 at 06:46 PM.

Neutral

Actually, its not much different on the drivers side.

Actually, its not much different on the drivers side. You need to tear the carpet a little bit at the corners of the flap. The you have just enough room to unclip the bulb holder and access the bulbs.
    Last edited by skismatik; 10-11-2011 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Updated picture link

8. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information