Cherry bomb vs. thrush
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

Cherry bomb vs. thrush

Is there a big difference in sound between the cherry bomb glasspack sold at auto zone and checker compared to the thrush which is sold at summit racing because I installed a cherry bomb and it sounds TERRIBLE and irritating but I can't tell if it is the glass pack or the cheap flex hoses, not the mesh flex ones, but the kind you can make bend anyway you want and are cheaper, thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

PassatWorld Staff
    Please read the Garage Guidelines and post this stuff in the right forum.

what the heck is an echo of gecko anyways...
    It's the glasspack. Get a proper aftermarket exhaust system and you'll enjoy a much more pleasing sound. When it comes to exhaust, you usually get what you pay for.

3rd Gear
    Havnt Heard Those Words(THRUSH/CHEERY BOMB) Since 69 When I Had A 65 Ford Mustang 289 V-8 4 Speed 2+2 Fb Painted Like A Hertz Shelby Gt350 Wish I Wish I Had Still/now....................boy Im Old,GLAD I HAVE QUIET CARS .DAMN KIDS....LOL

2nd Gear
    You have a v6, right? What is your main complaint about the sound? Does it drone too much or is it raspy or what?

What have you changed so far? Did you remove the resonators or mufflers or both?

Glasspacks tend to remove the higher pitched portion of the sound. The longer they are the more sound they absorb. I won't be of much help since my experience is limited to the 1.8T but others may be better able to help if you answer the above questions.

3rd Gear
    I thought this was a post about STDs.

Neutral
    all I have so far is a intake and replaced the resonator with a glass pack, but i think there might be a loose bolt or something along those lines rattling

9. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information