2018 Volkswagen Atlas Review

1. Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum – General discussion forum for Volkswagen Passat

Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum - a website dedicated to all things Volkswagen Passat.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By John_E

Thread: 2018 Volkswagen Atlas Review

1st Gear

2018 Volkswagen Atlas Review

Despite opening up its wallets to customers, offering buybacks and profusely apologizing to the public, Volkswagen still has a lot of work to do in earning trust from consumers.

How can they succeed when everyone is looking at them with a critical eye, when everyone is skeptical of any claim about their vehicles? Well it seems like they’re dealing with this situation by making some of the best new cars we’ve seen in a long time.

With the VW Golf Alltrack making our own shortlist for Car of the Year, and even won the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada’s Car of the Year. That’s clearly not enough and the automaker is finally addressing a weakness in its lineup with a new three-row crossover called the Atlas.

To call the Atlas an important vehicle to Volkswagen is an understatement. Not only do they have to prove to buyers that they’re a competent automaker making vehicles without bending the rules, but they also have to deliver in a segment that’s extremely important to Americans.

Crossovers are family friendly, comfortable and versatile, which is why they’re gaining in popularity so quickly. Helping to deliver that made-for-America tagline, the Atlas is also made in the United States at Volkswagen’s Chattanooga assembly plant.
    Read more about the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas Review at AutoGuide.com.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

5th Gear
    Yes, this fills a need for some, but I'll bet I am not the only B5 (or even B4 or B6) generation Passat wagon owner who wishes VW would bring the current Eurospec Passat wagon stateside.
    PZ and VAGguy like this.

I saw it at the auto show here in Baltimore. It was impressive. We have a WK2 Grand Cherokee now, but this may be on the short list next time around for the wife. My next one? Alltrack or Arteon.
    Glutton for Punishment: 13 CC Sport Plus, 04 Passat 1.8T GLS Variant Manual swapped, 99 C-Red Passat 1.8T (crushed)

5. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

1st Gear
    I like it! From what I've heard in the automotive press, VW has made a good start by offering the Atlas for sale here in the US. If I had a need for such a vehicle, I might seriously consider buying one.
    As far as new V-Dub sedans go, I'm interested in the Arteon. Forget the redesigned Phaeton - even if that makes it to production (not to mention being sold here in the States), it'll probably be just as expensive as its first-gen version was.
    The Arteon, on the other hand, looks to be VW's new flagship sedan, and at a far more affordable price.
    Plus, I like the styling - very dramatic.

7. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where do you live?

Year of model

car model

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information