2017 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack: AutoGuide.com Car of the Year Contender

1. Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum – General discussion forum for Volkswagen Passat

Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum - a website dedicated to all things Volkswagen Passat.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
    1st Gear

2017 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack: AutoGuide.com Car of the Year Contender

AutoGuide.com gathered six of the most significant new cars for the 2017 model year for our annual Car of the Year evaluations. This year, our contenders are the Hyundai Elantra, BMW M2, 2017 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack, Kia Optima, Ford Focus RS and Chevrolet Cruze. There was no hard price cap on this year’s entrants, but we tried to make sure none of them were extravagantly priced. We will release a new video on each contender every day leading up to Dec. 13, when we announce our winner. Stay tuned for our Crossover/SUV of the Year and Truck of the Year series, which is also coming soon!

The 2017 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack might be a difficult car to categorize (is it a crossover, wagon or compact?) but that’s one of the reasons it is such a good contender for the 2017 Car of the Year. It is the only vehicle of the bunch we also considered also running in our 2017 Utility Vehicle of the Year evaluations and it is that type of versatility that makes it so impressive.

Here’s a bit of background on why this is such an interesting/confusing car: It’s essentially the same thing as the Golf SportWagen, except with a bit of a lift, some body cladding, underbody shielding, and all-wheel drive. To confuse matters even more, the SportWagen could also come with AWD, but to simplify things, the Alltrack is basically optimized for light off-roading.
    Read more about the 2017 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack: AutoGuide.com Car of the Year Contender at AutoGuide.com.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Neutral

How to post messages

I am NEW to this site.How do I post messages? I am looking to post for I am looking for parts for my 2007 Volkswagon Passet wagon 2.0. ALSO have questions about same vehicle.I bought used with 136,000+ miles on it.

Please advise.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where do you live?

Year of model

car model

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information