2004 GLS 1.8T

Engine:
APR 93 Octane and Stock Programs
Forge 007 Diverter Valve with Yellow Spring

Wheels/Suspension:
18" ASA AR2 Wheels
Kumho Ecsta ASX Tires - 225/40/18
Neuspeed Sport Springs - 2.25" drop
Koni Yellow Shocks (F - full turn; R - half turn)

Exterior:
Kamei Sport Grill
Debadged Trunk Letters
Smoked Bumper Side Markers
OEM European W8 tail lights with Rear Fog Light (Dash Board Icon Activated)
Osram Silverstar Low Beams
Osram Cool Blue City Lights
PIAA Ion Yellow Fog Lights
JOM "Avant Garde" short antenna

Interior:
Llumar 30% semi-metallized tint
OEM Euro switch (also activated rear fog icon)
OEM W8 Console
Digital Boost Gauge

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
You know the gap actually looks worse in the pics. It doesnt seem AS bad in person. Coming froma Toyota (and a 16 year old one at that) the stock suspension doesnt really bother me, but I can see where it could be tightened up a bit. A little less body lean would be good. Sometimes when the road surface is "hilly" (think 635 between I35 and the airport) it floats up and down a bit, but I've driven worse.

#22 ·
HAHA Thanks Mike.....and Mike.

Glad to hear from you again. Believe it or not Im worried I might be too low. After taking a look at my ground clearance It hit me how low I am. Will probably raise the front up a tiny bit. I wish I had the actual stock measurements so i could get an accurate idea of how much lower I am. I just know its somewhere in the 2" range.

#24 ·
Both? I thought the fronts sit a bit higher? Thats about what I've guessed. If thats true then I have a 2.5" drop up front! :Yikes: WAY More than I expected! The lowest I have heard these springs go is 1.8" compared to the advertised 1.5. Of course the coilover sleeves may have something to do with it.

Assuming the "spring perch substitute" on the front sleeves didnt loosen up and wind itself down, the front has settled a quarter inch! I will definitely need to raise the front. 2.5" is too low for every day driving, and I prefer en even car with no rake anyway.

Currently the rear fenders sit at 25.25" and the fronts at 24.75 (the FR is actually 1/8th inch higher)

Funny how the car looks raked in the first picture but not so much in the others.

#25 ·
The front coil over sleeve was adjusted to the same height as the Koni perch would have been. I have seen 2.25" drop with Nuespeeds.

The H+R Sports on my 00 Sedan dropped 2.25".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.