Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

"Linking Error" 2000 Passat

551 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Urlik 
#1 ·
Hello, I have recently bought a 2000 passat 2.8 v6.
The car was not running when I bought it but with some fresh gas, a starter, plugs and wired it started up. It is to the point where I would like to register it. I live in MA which requires inspection. The check engine light came on which was no big deal for me. I went to amazon and bough a vw and Audi special scanner and plugged it in. I got the Linking error message and can not figure out why. I did some research and figured out that it could be my after market radio which I checked and can not figure out why that would effect it. The "K line" does have power which I know it should not. However, I did in fact cut the K line out of the OBD2 port and I am still getting the Linking error message. If anyone knows more about this, it would be a huge help to getting this car on the road. Thank you

#2 ·
Get in a second post and after an hour or so you'll be able to post this in the B5 section where you'll get responses. The normal reason is aftermarket radio or bad ABS module. Another poster had a blown fuse at #12 that kept it from linking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.