Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

New Here Love My 2003 Passat

644 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  smellyit 
#1 ·
But I am not mechanically inclined and know nothing about cars just want to make sure I'm not getting ripped off on repairs.

#2 ·
Doing some research but in the meantime if anyone reads this been taking my car to the dealer where I bought it used for service, they just proposed replacing both sides upper and lower control arms with alignments for $4000 this seems insanely expensive to me but I have no clue. Thanks.

#4 ·
The parts to do both upper and lower CA's on both sides is less than $300 from Amazon, so I'd say you are being taken. Add front struts and inner tie rods and it should still come to less than $600 for parts. Get another estimate. Finding a guy who knows how to really align the front end after all this stuff has been replaced is not so easy.

I bought the parts and my cousin and I did it in a day - I know not an option for you - but half the time is spent loosening the pinch bolt...Lots of PB Blaster, lots of heat....but not too much heat!

Get another estimate. Is there a VW shop - not a dealer - in your area?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.