Meet my passat!

1. Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum – General discussion forum for Volkswagen Passat

Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum - a website dedicated to all things Volkswagen Passat.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Shadowtech
  • 2 Post By Passatfan2

Thread: Meet my passat!

Meet my passat!

Just purchased a used 2003 B5.5 30V V6 2.8L FWD Manual 5 speed. Saved up all my summer job money to buy my first car at 16!
    DavidPeters and TDIRefugee-Q like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Neutral
    Well you wrote "meet my passat!" and we want to meet him, her. Let us see that beauty. Upload some pictures.
    GrandpaBill and DavidPeters like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Passatfan2 View Post
    Well you wrote "meet my passat!" and we want to meet him, her. Let us see that beauty. Upload some pictures.
    haha sorry didnt really have the time to get one my computer to upload some pics. but here they are now! Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

5. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Neutral
    She is a beaut! Funny story but my very first drive of a VW, was one just like yours! However it was an automatic. :-( I loved the way it handled and I often raced by buddies V6 Honda Accord (and won). Hope you have many safe miles in your ride man!

Neutral
    What are your opinions on the manual? I own a 1.8t 5 speed slapstick automatic. And personally I hate it the transmission.

1st Gear
    Congrats on the car. I am the original owner of my 2001.5 V6 Passat and can tell you if keep up with the regular maintenance of the car (oil, rad fluid, timing belt, etc) it will last a long time. My Passat has over 350,000Km on it and still looks great with no rust while the engine is still running strong :-)

Moderator Extraordinaire
    Grats on such a big accomplishment!
    Original Club B5 member: 16 Golf 4 & missing my 99 B5 & 08 R32

Quote Originally Posted by MrCaarmine View Post
    What are your opinions on the manual? I own a 1.8t 5 speed slapstick automatic. And personally I hate it the transmission.
    In my opinion. I think buying the manual at first was a risky thing. I didn't think I would like to shift all the time because I only learned to drive on automatics instead of standard cars. But when I finally learned and drove a few other manual cars. I think this one was the best for the buck. I shifts nicely, the shifts feel 'real' i don't know if it's just mine but I feels very. Satisfying. the 30v V6 2.8L is pently power for me. Lots of torque, quick, if done right I can the wheels spinning and burn out to impress the ladies haha but I personally love this car and the manual just feels. Good.

Haha thank you, this being my first car purchase lots of people told me to get a Miata, they're sporty, 'quick', it looks cute. And that VW breaks down a lot so I was very hesitant. But I got behind the wheel of my Passat. And I just clicked with the car. I personally think it was a great purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Urlik View Post
    Grats on such a big accomplishment!
    Thank you! Worked my butt off to earn this car!

Neutral
    I got my Passat is 2004 1.8L 4Cyl, I got it in 2014 and I love it, but right now there are some problems with it. The coolant tank was leaking so I got that replaced, and moisture gets in the car which I still don't know what the problem is though. Recently my trunk latch stopped working so my trunk doesn't close...

Neutral
    Nice looking car. Best of luck with it.

15. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where do you live?

Year of model

car model

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information