You must make two posts anywhere in the Noob Tube forum before... - Page 2

1. Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum – General discussion forum for Volkswagen Passat

Welcome to VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum - a website dedicated to all things Volkswagen Passat.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join VW Passat Forums : Volkswagen Passat Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 416 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: You must make two posts anywhere in the Noob Tube forum before...

Neutral
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdub View Post
    Should I have ham egg and cheese sammich or should I fix me some hamburger helper... ?
    ...both?

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Neutral

new here

hey guys. just thought I'd say hi. Just bought a 2006 Passat yesterday and so far pretty happy. has a few issues but nothing major. I ordered a cold air intake for because thats the easiest way of replacing a broken stock setup. I'm not new to the custom auto world but this is my first time not building a custom truck. My other cars include a 2011 f250, 1956 f100 hot rod, 1985 toyota pickup (future rock crawler) and a 1950 Buick super. the super took me 7+ years to build that one. I'm working on year 5 now for the '56. of course I can't leave anything alone for very long. the problem ive found with the VW is pretty much trivial little stuff like the mechanism for the rear ashtray is busted, the stock intake system has piece missing and is broken in a few spots, and the engine cover is missing a bolt that mounts to the engine so its just flopping around under there right now. other than that it seems to be a pretty clean little ride.

Neutral

Noob

1.8t ftw

5. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Neutral

Hmm ...

Hey guys. I'm looking for some help regarding installing a come home module. Hope I can get some help from here .. cos I'm not getting any responses from the other forums.

Thanx

Neutral
    post numero uno... cant wait to get started on this site. found lots of helpful info before even joining!

Neutral

Kansas city?

anyone on here from the kansas city area? I'm new to european cars and tuning in general, interested in finding people in the area in the same boat.

Neutral

2006 passat

first time

Neutral

Second time

Neutral

Here at last.

Okay, this will go for one post with a hope that I'll get some help in the meantime. We just bought a 2005 B6 wagon (BPY engine) with about 95,000 miles on it. Obviously, if the belt hasn't been changed, it needs it. The question is....if the part number on the current belt is different than the number the local VW dealer parts dept gave me, can I have any faith that the belt has been changed? Otherwise, I need to change it real soon.

Neutral
    And here comes the second post.

Neutral
    number 1

Neutral
    second post, ready for the main event now

Neutral
    this is number four and I am still trapped in here

Neutral
    do we have to get activated or something to post in the other sections of this forum?

Neutral
    Have 02 V6 MT. Now doing as much repairs as I can. Done with dealers. Noob post 1

Bob
    Centreville VA

Neutral
    Noob post 2.

Bob
    Centreville VA

Neutral
    Just replacet ECT in my 02 V6. What a PITA! Also cleaned airbox airbox screen and replaced engine and cabin filter. Other than normal oil changes and maint. did brakes (rotors and pads) all 4 corners. 53k still running great. getting ready for timing belt, water pump and associated parts.

Bob

Neutral
    was wondering why I couldn't post

Neutral

Number 1

So, this is my first post. hope it counts

Neutral
    yeah - i was wondering why i couldn't post - hope this fixes it

Neutral

newb

Here's the first post!!!!!!!!!

Neutral
    Here's the second post!!!!! Hope this gets me through the door....

Neutral

Looking fwd to getting started

thought I had a turbo problem....but????

Neutral
    let's go

RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator JayTheSnork's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    LMAO! you guys don't have to post directly in this thread, just anywhere in the Noob Tube forum.

Neutral
    Yeah, but it's so much more fun posting here, after all, we're all noobs and in here we're (almost) safe!

RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator JayTheSnork's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by raaze12 View Post
    Yeah, but it's so much more fun posting here, after all, we're all noobs and in here we're (almost) safe!
    //Peter Graves "Airplane voice on
    ever hear of a banstick, Timmy? Want to touch one?
    //Peter Graves "Airplane voice off

Neutral

My B5 Wagon

Okay, so I bought a 2000 Passat SW with the 2.8. Its a GLS...nothing fancy...sort of a British Racing Green color. No others like this around which makes it a plus for me...Anyway, I bought this thing 4 years ago and didn't want a station wagon, but when I kicked the tiptronic over it turned into "a sports car in disguise". Its a lot of fun to drive and has plenty of cargo room to boot. I've had some problems with it, broken timing belt that resulted in new heads, bad axles, brake issues and the latest control arms, ball joints and bearings. At times its like a bad relationship- even on days you want out, you don't really...I put my wagon up for sale last weekend. I priced it to sell it quickly set on replacing it with a truck to fit more of my needs. After 22 hours on the market, I pulled it. I just couldn't sell the thing. It only has 125k on it and surely there's plenty of life still left in it...All it took was a curvy road and the tiptronic to remind me why I bought it in the first place. Something about it keeps me coming back for more. I thought I may as well join the forum and join the rest of you guys with the affection for these machines. I think you have to own one to know the feeling. I wish that I was a little more mechanically inclined with mine and may be able to pick up some knowledge here to save a buck or two...

Neutral
    Okay so does this one count for post 2?

Neutral
    HMarkison- Whatever you do, don't waste time on changing the timing belt. My broke on me and it cost me a couple of weeks and a couple grand...

33. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where do you live?

Year of model

car model

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information