Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

You must make two posts anywhere in the Noob Tube forum before...

1M views 14K replies 8K participants last post by  bvw 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to Passatworld. We're glad you decided to make this your stop on the internet highway for information about your Passat.

We've been combating a rash of spam, so in an effort to contain it, you must make your first two posts here in the Noob Tube forum. You will not be allowed to post in any other forum here until you've done so.

Thanks for bearing with us, and once again, thanks for stopping by.

Edit by VAGguy: The Forum may take 1-2 hours to register that you have made your second post and grant you access to the other areas. If you have trouble posting elsewhere after your seond required post, this may be the issue.

#9,714 ·
My 2002 vw passat wagon 1.8t seem to be burning so much gas. I got the car about 2 months ago has 120000. I only get about 200 miles on a full tank about 14 galons before I have to re-up again. I changed thermostat, coolant fluid, spark plugs, air filter, and I used a fuel system cleaner. It's seem no Chang at all. Compairing to my 19999with a 151000 miles a get 300miles on a tank. Any Idea for me to try I am very handy and I do a lot work my self.?

#9,727 ·
My lovely passat is 1999 with an AEB engine. My vehicle is overheating. Done literally everything that one can imagine. Thermostat replaced with VW original (older one tested and was ok). Water pump flow test with thermostat off, good flow but , with thermostat on, no flow. Water pump has been previously replaced with the one that has metal impellers. The car idles good, temp rises slowly hangs in the middle (90 degrees) for a long long time, then start to go higher. If I drive the vehicle, I can go about 8-10 km with the temp gauge in the middle but after this starts to overheat.

Radiator is flushed and is good, no blockage.
Flow from reservoir is good both ways.
vehicle has mechanical fan, clutch is good
With thermostat on, top hose is hot, bottom is cold and remains as such even with overheating.
Eectric fan, does not start, bottom rad does not get that hot, coolant fan switch has also been replaced.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.