2002 Memory seat how to..

+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

2002 Memory seat how to..

Hi all,

I've searched the forum & threads to find my answers but no luck. I did my homework..

This is a totally newbie question. I just bought an used 02 Passat GLX V6 4 motion and it has memory seat system.

How do I program this thing?? It was used and came with no manual what so ever. The seller didn't know either.

I tried pressing 1 - 3 buttons while I was at the desirable position but nothing happens. The power seat system works ok.

How do I go about program this thing?? I've researched but guess Passats in general have problems. But I just want to determine if my car has the same problem of not working VS I don't know how to program it.

Also one more quick question. It has sunroof and was wondering if the sunroof knob/switch/lever should light up in blue? or no light at all? Mine is completely dark where the knob/switch/button is. I've never seen the interior of Passat prior to this purchase.

Is there anyway that I can get or buy manual for Passat? (02)

Thanks in advance.

PS) please dont flame me. I've searched but no answer on how to program this thing. It was briefly mentioned that it has something to do with remote??

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

1st Gear
    The seat system works pretty good if you can figure it out. I will try and scan the pages from my manual for you. I will let you know. The seat memory does have something to do with the flipper. When the flipper I was using for 3 years died and I pulled out the extra, when I unlocked the car the seat moved to a position I would have never set it. I will get back to you with the scans and p.m. you.

he just thinks he's amazing. really. no kidding.
    Blog Entries
    Welcome! Let's see if I can remember this:

1) The seat "Emergency Switch" must be depressed. If it is open, the memory is disabled. Even though the design of the system would suggest you turn that switch on to disable the memory, it is actually the opposite. Silly Germans...

2) The seats will only memory adjust with the ignition off. They will not memory adjust with the ignition on. If you press the memory button with the door open, the seat will move on its own to its final position. If the door is shut, you must hold the memory button until the seat reaches its final position.

3) To program, position the seat where you want it, and with the ignition on, press and hold the memory button of choice until you hear a chime from the instrument cluster. It's best to program with the door closed so the key-in chime isn't going off, and that you wait for all seatbelt and warning chimes to stop so you can make sure you hear the seat memory program confirmation tone.

4) To program the reverse passenger side mirror dip position after programming seat position, do this. First, the mirror switch must be set for the passenger side mirror to enable dip in reverse. Once you select the passenger mirror, put the car in reverse and wait for the mirror to finish dipping. After it stops, position the mirror with the control stick so you get the best view of the curb when in reverse. After you get your position all set, press and hold your seat memory button while still in reverse to store your dip position.

5) The memory seat system can also program a memory position to 3 seperate keys. So if you and your wife each have a remote key, for example, the car will adjust the seat for whoever unlocked the car. To program your seat position to your remote, first start with the key off. Press your memory button so everything is set to your positions. Then turn the ignition back on. Like before, close the door and allow all chimes to stop. Press and hold your memory button like you are going to program your position. After the confirmation chime, do not release the memory position button. While keeping the button pressed, turn off the ignition and press and hold the unlock button on your remote. You should hear another confirmation chime. Now, if the seat or mirror positions differ than your stored settings, they will reposition when your remote unlocks the car and the driver's door is open. The seats and mirror won't start to move until the door is opened. The emergency power switch can be used to disable the automatic adjust once programmed.

Neutral
    Thanks! Can't wait to try this tomorrow morning.

I didn't know that passenger mirror can tilt down! I've seen this in BMWs and thought it was a sweet feature!

BTW, any answer on sunroof switch/lever/knob? Does it light up?

Thanks again for the great answers!!

he just thinks he's amazing. really. no kidding.
    Blog Entries
    No, only the W8 models came equipped with a backlit sunroof console. It's a popular, but expensive upgrade that can be had from various VW tuning sites.

Neutral
    Awesome, thanks guys. I'll try again but my main issue seems making them stick. I had the memory button on, I made the adjustments, I pressed #1 and waited 3 seconds until I heard the tone and let go. However, after messing with the adjustments, pressing #1 did nothing. The next time we got into the car, it went to the previous owner's setting.

I'll try it again, but I didn't know you had toadjust the tilt mirror, that's cool.

8. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information