Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

For those near Chicago or thereabouts...Windy City DubFest

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  PassatPat 
#1 ·
I'm going to check this show out. It's on Saturday, Sep 3, in a Chicago suburb called Grayslake, a little ways west of the Tri-State Tollway (I-94). For those who know my rather unique VW enthusiast status, a purist that likes STOCK water-cooleds, I'm thinking this event could potentially have many others like me. Certainly, the young tuner crowd will be there, and probably air-cooled people as well, but there's an option at this event I've never seen before:

For $25, you can enter your car in the judging competition which I would assume would have the normal classes, OR.....for just $15, you can enter without being judged, you just park and display your ride. It is in this category where I hope to meet others with just plain stock VWs and/or Audis.

#3 ·
That might worth checking into. I wonder if 'Steve in Chicago' is going? Probably could meet a few members there.
Let me see what I can work out.

Reactions: PassatPat
#5 ·
Just a heads up here....If anyone on this website is seriously considering this, pre-registration ends August 20. You have to go to either the FB page or the website to do this. I'm planning on it, but I'm still waiting to hear when my daughter's assigned moving-back-in day will be in her dorm. If it's that Saturday, I'm screwed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.