STOP Oil Warning Light After Timing Belt Change
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

STOP Oil Warning Light After Timing Belt Change

2003 1.8T Passat 120,000 miles

I completed timing belt change, added a new water pump, and thermostat yesterday. Drove the car around the neighborhood last night - no problems.

This morning on the way to work, STOP Oil Pressure light came on. Did some searching this morning on this forum and it seems to be a relatively common warning folks have gotten. Generally tied to a bad oil pump, clogged oil screen, or bad oil pressure sending unit.

I'm wondering (hoping) if during the process of changing the timing belt that I simply failed to replace an electrical connection for the oil pressure sending unit when I put the front end of the car back together.

Where is the oil pressure sending unit located? Is there some type of oil sensor on the oil cooler that I may have knocked loose when I moved the front end into service position?

Thanks in advance.

Cain

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Overdrive
    Take the warning very seriously; don't drive the car until you resolve this. The sender indeed mounts to the oil cooler, you should be able to check the connection pretty easily.

Sounds more like an unfortunate co-incidence than something pulled loose.

PZ
    Redline
    The oil cooler is nowhere near the front end and pulling the car into service position should not affect anything that would cause the light.

5. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Thread Information