Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

The rear doors do not open

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Urlik 
#1 ·
Hi, I am a new user of this forum!!
A few days ago the rear doors do not open, so I checked if the cables were broken in the bellows, between the frame and doors. In fact, on the left side door cables were broken and the lock sometimes does not lock up or unlock the door. I fixed the cables in the bellows and everything worked again perfectly, but now the right side door is stuck and does not open, even with the lever inside. It is blocked! I examined the cables in the bellows, they are stripped, but they are not broken. But the lock remains locked. I can close all the doors from inside with the button, or outside with the key, but when I open the back door right, does not open, I do not hear any noise. I only use the keys, do not use the remote control. Does anyone have any idea? Thanks for the help in advance. Edoardo
My car is a Passat Wagon (TDI 1998)

#3 ·
Rear door lock, impossible to open it manually

Many many thanks Urlik :thumbup:, I found in this link useful information in order to remedy the malfunction. But now my problem is to open the rear door which is locked and I can not open it because after the last close with the key the lock device will not unlock more. If I can not open the door I can not remove the cover of the door. Thanks again, Edward

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.