Police chase in West Covina, CA right now (The car is a passat!)
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
    3rd Gear

Police chase in West Covina, CA right now (The car is a passat!)

Theres a police chase on the tv right now, live in West Covina, and its a B5 Passat!!!

My brother had been watching it for a while, he said the driver had no problems out running the police (but not the heli), and even further, has been correctly signally as he dodged through traffic

He stopped for a bit, and has just taken off again!

If theres any socal viewers on now, channel abc or nbc

Edit: this is very dangerous
    Last edited by JTninja; 01-24-2011 at 11:58 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

3rd Gear
    now on kcal9, in the city of industry! Go Passat!

1st Gear
    viewers outside CA can stream live here...
    http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/livenow?id=7917159

3rd Gear
    Damn, hes bottoming out in the intersections, TONS of sparks!!! Popped Tire

EDIT: HE HIT ANOTHER CAR CROSSING AN INTERSECTION

3rd Gear
    The innocent car is badly hit, so all 3 officers go to arrest the suspect, and no one has yet checked on the person in the other car!

Finally, 2 minutes later 1 officer has gone over there (theres now 4 with the suspect)

3rd Gear
    Turning off TV, it doesnt look good. Medics arnt in a hurry

I'm just itching to be Banned NEWMAN'SOWN's Avatar
    Police chase in West Covina? Surprise, surprise. I can't find the video for the Passat chase, but I did find this: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id=6527536

Still can't figure out how the R32 ended up in that position. Dukes of Hazard maneuver?

1st Gear

Video of the impact...

...is here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...n7281217.shtml

and here:

http://www.examiner.com/internet-tre...ash-on-youtube

You can see a dog jump out of the passat and take off. It was never found.

Overdrive
    All the video I can find just shows the crash at the end. I want to see some of the pursuit.

1st Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Wallbanger View Post
    All the video I can find just shows the crash at the end. I want to see some of the pursuit.
    Okay:

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/loca...crash-20110124

rockin the nasty azz exhaust tips yo!!
    im glad to hear the woman in the other car survived and (as far as I can tell so far) will be ok. It sucks when someone who is completely innocent can be so affected by someone else's mistakes.

3rd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbutterz View Post
    im glad to hear the woman in the other car survived and (as far as I can tell so far) will be ok. It sucks when someone who is completely innocent can be so affected by someone else's mistakes.
    x2.

Add the medical response to that person was absolutely apalling. I kinda hope the lady sues...

Zee German
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JTninja View Post
    Turning off TV, it doesnt look good. Medics arnt in a hurry
    A friend, who is a medic, once told me, they only run when they notice there are cameras around. Their attitude is "Stay calm, walk slowly and don't forget your routine," rather than "OMG, run there - catch your breath - and think of what to do next."

And they wouldn't run around a crash site anyway. Running around would
    a) make you look clueless
    b) possibly scare the victims and people watching ("must be bad!").
    Last edited by doubleT; 01-26-2011 at 11:29 AM.

3rd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by JTninja View Post
    x2.

Add the medical response to that person was absolutely apalling. I kinda hope the lady sues...
    Cops had to first make sure the suspect is no longer a threat to them or anyone else, then check on the crash victim, by the looks of the car i am 100% sure the doors and frame needed to be cut in order to properly board and collar her and then remove her from the vehicle.

But then again im sure you know how to do the job better. The cops should have yanked her out of the passenger side door without regard to possible neck injuries. Disregarded the possibility that the suspect could be armed or still exit the vehicle and attack.

How about the lady sues the asshole who smashed into her? I forgot, its the cops fault.

My intake has Emphysema R36Dreams's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vincheung View Post
    Cops had to first make sure the suspect is no longer a threat to them or anyone else, then check on the crash victim, by the looks of the car i am 100% sure the doors and frame needed to be cut in order to properly board and collar her and then remove her from the vehicle.

But then again im sure you know how to do the job better. The cops should have yanked her out of the passenger side door without regard to possible neck injuries. Disregarded the possibility that the suspect could be armed or still exit the vehicle and attack.

How about the lady sues the asshole who smashed into her? I forgot, its the cops fault.
    Nobody said it was the cops fault &#@%$. But how about two of them secure the perp and the third check the victim maybe? 30 seconds can mean life or death....not to pull the victim out, to put pressure on a wound maybe?
    Geez you really read into this.

3rd Gear
    It took 3 officers a few mins to secure the perp. You think that perps just give up when cops get to the scene? The ambulance is notified after the wreck is radioed in, depending on the department they would either have to wait for their emergency services guys to arrive with the cutters or wait for the fire department to arrive and take the hood and doors off the smashed vehicle. Its a 10-15 min job to get there and get cutting before a board and collar can safely be bought in.

Just let the professionals handle it instead of bashing response times or recommending they split a team up in handling a perp.

3rd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by vincheung View Post
    It took 3 officers a few mins to secure the perp. You think that perps just give up when cops get to the scene? The ambulance is notified after the wreck is radioed in, depending on the department they would either have to wait for their emergency services guys to arrive with the cutters or wait for the fire department to arrive and take the hood and doors off the smashed vehicle. Its a 10-15 min job to get there and get cutting before a board and collar can safely be bought in.

Just let the professionals handle it instead of bashing response times or recommending they split a team up in handling a perp.
    But heres the thing: They didnt know the condition of the innocent person. No one had yet bothered to check on the person until a few minutes had already passed. Not one person looked in the car to see if someone was even alive. No, instead 3 officers brought down 1 person. Thats okay. And for those couple minutes, instead of perhaps having 1 to go check on the other person with the other 2 professionals handling the overpowered suspect, all 3 remained. When others officers finally arrived on scene, did they go to help the innocent person? No, they went over to the suspect.

Im not saying only a medical person can check on a victim. No, im not suggesting they pull the person from the vehicle or even touch them, but perhaps try to see if theyre conscious, perhaps try to calm them and let them know help is coming? I know how long it takes to cut open a car (personal experiance), but the smart ass remark is competely uncalled for.

3rd Gear
    I dont know what video you guys are looking at, i just watched the apprehension again. They are fighting with the guy, looks like everything is under control and the officer goes and checks on the victim.

Its not how you guys describe the 3 cops standing around and FINALLY one goes to check on the victim.

You know what, im probably wrong, you guys seem to know what happened on scene and how everything went down. So i'll leave it to you professionals to help fine tune how emergency services are supposed to properly manage a situation.

1st Gear
    yea, if you look at the 7 min video, it seems like forever until they check on the victim.

Overdrive
    Watching the 7 minute video:

2:15 the T-bone occurs
    2:36 2 cops enter the frame on foot from cars they just stopped. They go straight to the bad guy's window and start bashing to get him out.
    2:57 they start trying to pull the guy out, and have to wrestle with him for awhile
    3:48 one of the cops leave the perp's car to check on the injured victim
    4:01 another cop walks in from screen left to assist the above cop
    4:16 one of those two goes back to the perp's car
    4:40 (approx) you have 4-5 cops now at the perp's car and they're still trying to get him out of the car. 1 cop is still with the victim
    5:00 it looks like they finally drag the perp out the passenger side
    5:16 looks like we see a more concentrated effort on the victim

By 7:26 we still haven't seen any EMTs on the scene, but I have to presume they were called in as soon as the crash happened. But it's only a little over a minute before one of the cops checks on the victim, and since they don't get the bad guy subdued for another couple of minutes, I have to figure the police are needed there more than at the car that got hit. But it looks to me like they checked on her and she may have been conscious and giving them good answers so they figured her life wasn't threatened.

Magical Negro
    A little side note for the people complaining about the EMT's response: National registry of EMT protocol dictates that you are sure the seen is safe before approaching a seen. Furthermore, most EMT/Fire responders will never run, they are to "walk with purpose", a hurried walk is about the fastest you can go(they carry up to 50 lbs of equipment for crying out loud, I'd like to see you run with 50 lbs of equipment and then be able to talk to anyone without losing your breath, no matter how good of shape you're in). Finally, if they were to run, at night at the scene of accident, there is the possibility of debris on the ground for them to trip over, possibly making another incident that they would have to address before attending to the victim.

With that said, I hope she was ok, I also hate when innocent people get wrapped up in criminal acts or accidents.

23. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Thread Information