Did any B4s have a dash mounted door lock switch?
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

Did any B4s have a dash mounted door lock switch?

My 97 has "power" door locks but no dash mounted switch. I have a Bull Dog remote which works great, but it is a PITA to have to use the remote , or even worse to manually push the door mounted lock pin down, to lock the doors from inside the car.

Was there a B4 or B3 option for a lock switch?

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

1st Gear
    There wasn't a switch. If your left shoulder is that far away, maybe you couldn't reach a dash switch had one been there either.

Why would you want to lock the doors when you're inside?
    No, it isn't necessary to answer. My opinion is that I'd rather have rescuers able to administer first aid to my unconscious body without me having to unlock the doors for them, but that's me. You might be just as justified in your opinion that you are better off to have the doors always locked, so be it.

Neutral
    I have to twist my back to reach it, as I imagine most people would. I have a bad back and prefer not to cause myself unnecessary pain. Dash controls are easy to reach - straight in front of me. As far as rescuers go, if they are prepared to treat injuries requiring their presence I'm pretty sure they will also have the "jaws of life" available as well. On the other hand, you NEVER know when someone will try to carjack you, especially today. I don't USUALLY ride with my doors locked, but when I need to I'd rather have the ability to lock the doors QUICKLY and EASILY; reaching around for the wobbly door lock pin that is sometime a bit reluctant is neither.

Guess you REALLY hate the new cars that automatically lock the vehicle when placed in gear or reach a certain speed, huh?

2nd Gear
    The B4s did not have one like the MK 3 Golfs and Jettas did,it was a handy feature.I guess the Germans didn't see the need in a Passat Oh well.

Neutral
    Quote Originally Posted by 98greendash View Post
    The B4s did not have one like the MK 3 Golfs and Jettas did,it was a handy feature.I guess the Germans didn't see the need in a Passat Oh well.
    Thanks greendash, that's right, I forgot they had them. Well, off to the classifieds.

1st Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by blhfla View Post
    Guess you REALLY hate the new cars that automatically lock the vehicle when placed in gear or reach a certain speed, huh?
    I reprogram them. My B5.5 now does not lock automatically, but the auto unlock when the ignition key is removed is left active.

8. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Thread Information