Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

The 14yr old gets a refresh. 2014 makeover

46K views 168 replies 31 participants last post by  tdogg74 
#1 ·
Hey all. :salute:

Been a rough couple past years. Had my 4th child, lost my job, scraped by to pay bills for 8 months while I searched for a job, blah blah blah. Raised the car because it was making my boys car sick (lol). Stupidly sold off my side skirts. One of my winglets got taken out by a beaver that wanted a closer look at my front tire.

Car looked like this last summer.

I shaved and added a lip to my Zender trunk spoiler. DTM muffler, and spray bombed wheels.

So this year I finally was able to sell my Mercedes wheels and sold em for $400 to a cool local dude. So between that and a sh*t-load of credit card points I COMPLETELY forgot about, I was able to scrounge an $800ish budget for this year.

So, with what I had, I got the following items...

First things first was to replace my winglets. So I hit up gerwazy to see if he had any left, and I got his last set! Awesome guy and awesome to do business with. (thanks dude)

Second was wheels. I had been going back and forth for months on the 'look' for this year. Was trying to decide on either a square set of all black 18x9 et30 10-spokes, or a square set of 18x9.5 et40 CCW reps. In the end, the reps won out because I knew the fitment would have been perfect. So I snaked these...

Tires will be 225/40-18 GT Radial Champiro UHP1's. (still on order) Also picked up a set of hidden valve stems. Had them on the wheels on my old MKIII. So stealth. Much wow.

And lastly, Votex rep fiberglass sideskirts. I believe these are the same as the ones I previously had; Fiberglass slip-ons. I would HIGHLY recommend buying from this guy. He sells on Ebay:
items in b5 store on eBay!
But you are better getting a-hold of Paul direct on email here: cwc.carswantschange@gmail.com . Shipping took less than two weeks from Poland, and they arrived well packaged and in-tact. Cost was $142 shipped. Cannot beat that. I'm happy.

Thats about it. Im looking to come up with something like this once I can get the parts painted......

I'll post more as I do things...but it probably wont be until it gets closer to spring.

See less See more
#3 ·
Well, the previous set I had on in 2012 was from the same seller in Poland. (I bought second-hand used) And I can tell you that A) the fit is tight, and B) a little Dremmel action was required to fit 'perfect'. To me, it was NO issue. I expect the same fitting issues to occur with the new set. I mean, its a fiberglass knock-off. Once its on and fastened to the car, they are really nice. And the seller I listed is very communicative, knows how to ship CORRECTLY, and is VERY prompt. If I didnt already have my front bumper taken care of, I would have bought that Votex rep front he has for sale on his Ebay site. Would cost about the same as it cost me to get the skirts. Just sucks to have to buy sh*t from Europe, but hey...gotta do what ya gotta do.

#12 ·
Oh, its so on.

Right now Im trying to get a clear cut answer whether or not the rear bumper lower textured valence is identical in shape/curve between the sedan and wagon. I know the bumpers are not interchangable, but the guy I got the skirts from sells a dope rear bumper valence. He claims it fits both sedan and wagon, and that his customers buy the valence for their sedan. It was molded off a wagon bumper.

I need facts, dammit!

I am gonna get it if it fits.

#14 ·
Right now Im trying to get a clear cut answer whether or not the rear bumper lower textured valence is identical in shape/curve between the sedan and wagon. I know the bumpers are not interchangable, but the guy I got the skirts from sells a dope rear bumper valence. He claims it fits both sedan and wagon, and that his customers buy the valence for their sedan. It was molded off a wagon bumper.

I need facts, dammit!

I am gonna get it if it fits.
From what I know sedan and wagon are two different species... I think there were guys here with B5s trying to put the B5.5 votex rear on and they would not fit without major modifications. I am pretty sure that B5 and B5.5 wagon bumpers are similar but not sedan... I think the wagon bumper is much longer on the sides but I am talking B5.5 as this is what I have... Might be different then B5 sedan...
My 02 cents...

#27 ·
Yes, 3 weeks ago. And I just cancelled the order yesterday. Wasnt supposed to even ship till the end of May. Decided that I am just going to use the winglets instrad like originally planned, along with the new skirts. I can get everything on when the weather decides to get nice out. Its still 45* and rainy out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.