Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

A strange cable in the glove box

9K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  RichardSEL 
#1 ·
Hi all,
do you guys have any idea what is the connector used for in the glove box? Is that just for a CD changer? My car is 2006 passat 2.0T and I am also wondering can I buy the adapter in the following link to enjoy the music from my ipod. Thanks!

Enfig SWCL-PIO EnfigCarStereo.com

Technology Hand Electronics Auto part Electronic device

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for your reply. Actually I did not have the CD changer this car is a value edition. I have the premium 7. Is there any simple way I can get an audio jack out from the premium 7? My wife loves the music from her iphone and I want to give her a small surprise. A radio transmitter is not preferred. Thanks!

#4 ·
Premium 7 is an RCD510 with Sirius...
You need a MDI retrofit fit kit to connect an iPhone or iPod to it. A useful thread for pin outs for a satellite receiver (US, Canada, and northern part of south America) and Ipod connections is at:
VWVortex.com - Fault codes after Satellite install

Other kits available are: Parrot MKI9000 for iPhone connectivity, Bury Bluetooth

You may find fitting an AUX socket simpler, but hard-wired. Kits are available. And there's threads around giving "how-to".

#7 ·
Ask them. They will know, being in that market, what's good for your headunit (RCD510 if they don't know the Premium 7) and connecting to an iPod. You have the choice of seeing playlist etc. on your MFD with steering wheel buttons' control of iPod. If you want to go that far.

Or, just do an Aux in. It will still come up as CD EXT when you press your CD button on headunit but will take your audio out from iPod and pass it through your headunit.

I use Connects2 stuff over here, so know their range. But that doesn't help you unless you're willing to pay freight on top. Don't know BlitzSafe kit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.